This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Does Roar still force you to go last?

#11PearlshipperluvPosted 2/18/2012 9:05:12 AM
akurixs posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...
Unless you have a Prankster Riolu Roar Copycat, no.

This seriously needs to be banned. Not even banned to ubers. It needs to be completely removed from play.

A ban teir that bans things from play completely?

Can you do that?
---
Mewtwo for SSBWU/3DS and Soul Caliber
Official Mewtwo of the Pokemon B/W boards
#12SSJ2__GohanPosted 2/18/2012 9:07:59 AM
What ultimate strategy? Lay down Stealth Rock, then Baton Pass an Agility or two (or use a really fast Pokemon) to a Pokemon with Roar, Whirlwind etcetera? It would work with Spikes and Poison Spikes as well, or even Hail or Sandstorm (and anything else I've forgotten), though in those cases it depends on what the opponent uses of course,or even you.

If that's your ultimate strategy, I really hope you're not serious... And if you never thought of this: I really hope you can see now why such moves force you to go last.
#13akurixsPosted 2/18/2012 9:16:01 AM
Pearlshipperluv posted...
akurixs posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...

This seriously needs to be banned. Not even banned to ubers. It needs to be completely removed from play.

Can you do that?

I don't see why not.

At the very least they could make a "broken" tier that's above ubers, and just put prankster Riolu in it.
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
#14helldewPosted 2/18/2012 9:16:11 AM
I dont get what the fuss is about riolou. ironically i always kill him with lucario :)
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#15LHS_2012Posted 2/18/2012 9:45:36 AM
Pearlshipperluv posted...
akurixs posted...
Carbuncle009 posted...

Can you do that?

That's where Moody is.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
New Department of Fire
#16Chaos GenesisPosted 2/18/2012 10:13:46 AM
helldews posted...
I dont get what the fuss is about riolou. ironically i always kill him with lucario :)

Another Pokémon lays down hazards. Riolu eventually comes out and uses Roar.
Riolu uses Copycat to mimic that Roar. Copycat always goes first due to Prankster (except if the opponent uses a priority move, as it's likely to go first due to its Speed). Roar will thus come before most Pokémon attacks and other status moves, causing the opponent team to rotate through the hazards and eventually die off.
---
PKMN Black: 0046 2092 6229 | SSBB: 4253-3152-9910
http://gpxplus.net/user/Spades+Slick/
#17RunebogglePosted 2/18/2012 10:14:56 AM

That's where Moody is.

No. Moody is banned by a clause.
---
Si || Kibeth, the Walker
#18akurixsPosted 2/18/2012 10:22:11 AM
And we don't need a ban of the ability (even though I'd like that very much). We just need to get rid of Prankster Riolu. Kind of like what happened to Speed Boost Blaziken.
---
"Today, world. This is basic spoken. God inhale computer. Hardly consumer, but with a modest water fowl." -Babelfish
#19Carbuncle009Posted 2/18/2012 10:28:16 AM
The only reason it isn't banned is because other pokemon can have priority moves and easily kill off Riolu. Even if it has a Focus Sash, It has to use Roar to start the Copycat strat again, which risks a KO.
---
Oh god, Pokemon in a Skyrim world? There would be Missingnos everywhere -Magozi
http://www.youtube.com/user/SapphireCarbuncle009
#20akurixsPosted 2/18/2012 3:05:37 PM
Carbuncle009 posted...
The only reason it isn't banned is because other pokemon can have priority moves and easily kill off Riolu. Even if it has a Focus Sash, It has to use Roar to start the Copycat strat again, which risks a KO.

1. Yeah, it gets hits by priority. That's the only thing that can hit it.
2. Unless you have your priority user out when the Riolu is out, you're going to be taking a lot of damage. You have to get lucky and have Roar select your priority user, cause you won't be able to switch it in.
3. If your priority user is dead, you're ****ed. There's literally nothing that you can do.

It is the most broken thing in the entire game right now. It needs to be banned.
---