This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A few questions

#1bam1991dbzPosted 3/5/2012 11:57:23 PM
Hey all,

I have a few questions. I've been out of Pokemon since Pearl, but I have been buying the games and DLing the Wi-Fi events.

Questions:

1. Does the Leech Seed/Toxic combo still work?

2. Can I soft-reset Event Pokemon for IV's/Nature? Not ones that I have to catch (the boat ticket for the Zorua), but rather for the ones that are given to me like the Mewtwo event.

3. Can I soft-reset DW Pokemon for IV's/Nature? If so when would I do this in the game?

4. Is there any way for me to get the DW events that I missed (ie: Eeveeolutions)?

5. Regarding the designer items in the DW; do I get to keep them permanently? So far I have unlocked 2, a rug and a table but the berry price is still above them. What does that mean? Is there a way to make it go away? Will I eventually lose the item?

6. How hard is it to make DW friends? I've sent out 9 requests so far and still no luck. Any tips?

I know, I know a lot of questions, but hey maybe someone else will learn something too!

Thanks a ton!
-bam1991dbz
---
Pokemon Pearl Friend Code: 2150-0452-3837
#2Trailblazer34Posted 3/6/2012 12:01:51 AM
bam1991dbz posted...
Hey all,

I have a few questions. I've been out of Pokemon since Pearl, but I have been buying the games and DLing the Wi-Fi events.

Questions:

2. Can I soft-reset Event Pokemon for IV's/Nature? Not ones that I have to catch (the boat ticket for the Zorua), but rather for the ones that are given to me like the Mewtwo event.

3. Can I soft-reset DW Pokemon for IV's/Nature? If so when would I do this in the game?

4. Is there any way for me to get the DW events that I missed (ie: Eeveeolutions)?

5. Regarding the designer items in the DW; do I get to keep them permanently? So far I have unlocked 2, a rug and a table but the berry price is still above them. What does that mean? Is there a way to make it go away? Will I eventually lose the item?

6. How hard is it to make DW friends? I've sent out 9 requests so far and still no luck. Any tips?

I know, I know a lot of questions, but hey maybe someone else will learn something too!

Thanks a ton!
-bam1991dbz

1. It still works, but it doesn't double the cumulative damage like in Gen 1.
2.Yep, I do it all the time :D
3. ditto (lol)
4.Nope. Wait for the next time they're given out :p
5.I think so.
6. They have to confirm first, so be patient...
#3jEr3mYPosted 3/6/2012 12:06:24 AM

In what way?? Not quite sure what you're asking... Need more info, please.

Firstly, Zorua is found in Castelia Town/City, which is on the main land, but you do need a certain Celebi for it..

Anyway, yes you can soft-reset for different natures and IV unless they're set (which is rare/never happens anyway) If you do wanna know more about the actual event you're gonna SR for, check the event on Serebii and if, in the nature part, it says "Any Nature" then you can SR for it..

Not sure on this one..

Yes, check out the trade boards and post a topic. People will be happy to help, though you might not get the actual Pokemon but rather get their first base form, ie Eevee instead of its evolutions.

Not sure on this one either.

Again, not sure.. Rarely use Dream World to start with..
---
My list of wanted games/consoles: Mario Kart 3DS, Super Smash Bros 3DS, Super Mario 3DS, Wii U console, Super Smash Bros Wii U
#4bam1991dbz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 12:07:48 AM
Hey thanks for the quick response trailblaizer! Just a few follow up questions for anyone else out there!

1. For the Leech Seed/Toxic combo what are the differences exactly? Since it doesn't do cumulative damage, what does it do? Also is the combo banned/looked down upon in online play?

2. When should I save before I SR DW Pokemon for Nature/IV's? Hmm can one even save in the Entralink? Anyways I'm a little confused on this...haha

3. Any others who can provide confirmation on keeping Designer Items in the DW. Also if we do get to keep them permanently, why does the price remain?

Thanks again!
Bam
---
#5jEr3mYPosted 3/6/2012 12:15:36 AM
1. For the Leech Seed/Toxic combo what are the differences exactly? Since it doesn't do cumulative damage, what does it do? Also is the combo banned/looked down upon in online play?

It isn't banned or anything that I'm aware of, nor looked down at as there are ways to eliminate it.. As for the actual damage, Leech Seed takes a set amount of damage (i think 1/16) per turn where as toxic does 10HP first hit, then 20HP then 40HP then 80HP and so on, so it double every time.

2. When should I save before I SR DW Pokemon for Nature/IV's? Hmm can one even save in the Entralink? Anyways I'm a little confused on this...haha

3. Any others who can provide confirmation on keeping Designer Items in the DW. Also if we do get to keep them permanently, why does the price remain?

Not sure on the last two ones as I have only used Dream World a few times..
---
My list of wanted games/consoles: Mario Kart 3DS, Super Smash Bros 3DS, Super Mario 3DS, Wii U console, Super Smash Bros Wii U
#6bam1991dbz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/6/2012 12:20:33 AM
Thanks Jer3my! Well if anyone else can answer the remaining questions that would be great!
---
#7Wii306Posted 3/6/2012 12:21:48 AM
jEr3mY posted...

It isn't banned or anything that I'm aware of, nor looked down at as there are ways to eliminate it.. As for the actual damage, Leech Seed takes a set amount of damage (i think 1/16) per turn where as toxic does 10HP first hit, then 20HP then 40HP then 80HP and so on, so it double every time.

First you question him for pointing out a Leech Seed/Toxic combo that you don't know about, then you go around giving false information?

The two moves only "combo" in the sense that the opponent can be afflicted by both effects at the same time. Leech Seed takes 1/8 of the opponent's HP and heals your Pokemon by the same amount. Toxic does 1/16 of the opponent's maximum HP on the first turn and an additional 1/16 on each subsequent turn (1/16, 2/16, 3/16...). Leech Seed no longer scales as Toxic does when the opponent is afflicted by both moves, as the first respondent indicated. Using both moves in combination is not frowned upon at all.
---
Currently Playing: ToI, B:AC, Okamiden, TLoZ:SS
#8jEr3mYPosted 3/6/2012 12:29:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9jEr3mYPosted 3/6/2012 12:34:58 AM
Wii306 posted...
jEr3mY posted...

First you question him for pointing out a Leech Seed/Toxic combo that you don't know about, then you go around giving false information?

The two moves only "combo" in the sense that the opponent can be afflicted by both effects at the same time. Leech Seed takes 1/8 of the opponent's HP and heals your Pokemon by the same amount. Toxic does 1/16 of the opponent's maximum HP on the first turn and an additional 1/16 on each subsequent turn (1/16, 2/16, 3/16...). Leech Seed no longer scales as Toxic does when the opponent is afflicted by both moves, as the first respondent indicated. Using both moves in combination is not frowned upon at all.

I thought Toxic did 10HP damage first hit, then double each turn. Wasn't aware the damage was related to the poisoned Pokemon's HP..
---
#10Wii306Posted 3/6/2012 12:42:50 AM(edited)
It would be pretty useless in a competitive setting if that were the case. (And pretty powerful against low-level opponents!)

EDIT. Whoops.
---
Currently Playing: ToI, B:AC, Okamiden, TLoZ:SS