This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

3ds and Pokesav

#1mattfrankPosted 3/22/2012 11:35:25 PM
Very interested in the metagame via wifi of this game and now looking forward to B/W2 .Do you think im merely asking for losing streak in competitive play, if i dont intend to use legit hacked pokemon through programmes like Pokesave??

Must i hack my system in order to use them??
#2DonBadassPosted 3/23/2012 3:08:54 AM
mattfrank posted...
Very interested in the metagame via wifi of this game and now looking forward to B/W2 .Do you think im merely asking for losing streak in competitive play, if i dont intend to use legit hacked pokemon through programmes like Pokesave??

Must i hack my system in order to use them??

You probably wont go on a losing streak (unless you have absolute garbage IVs in everything), but you might not win as many fights as you could have. In my opinion, IVs are most important on offensive pokemon. Most rely on their speed tiers to ensure that they'll attack, and many also rely on having ideal IVs in attacking stats in order to secure certain XHKOs (OHKO, 2HKO, etc) and have certain Hiddne Powers if desired.

For example, a Choice Scarf Landorous with 30 IVs in speed will be horrible compared to one with 31 IVs running the same set. A Scizor with 28 EVs in attack might leave the opponent living with 1 or 2 HP and cost you the game. If your sweeper has 15 Def IVs, it will in many cases have less time to do damage. It's important to know in which cases you can get away with not having perfect IVs. For example, Blissey is going to be tanking tons of special attacks regardless of its EVs. But like I said, in those situations in which a couple of HP is in the balance, all the help (in the form of ideal IVs) will be welcome.

Basically, would you rather battle at 85% or 100% potential?
#3t3hNubPosted 3/23/2012 3:39:57 AM
Funny coincidence; if I'm not mistaken 85-100% is the same range of variance built into the formula for attack damage.
---
Don't get hit and hit it until it dies, in that order.
Kill it, carve it, wear it, repeat it.
#4DonBadassPosted 3/23/2012 3:53:26 AM
t3hNub posted...
Funny coincidence; if I'm not mistaken 85-100% is the same range of variance built into the formula for attack damage.

lol I didn't know that. i was just throwing out numbers for the sake of concept