This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

complete ev training, then daycare..

#1Sacrifar92Posted 4/30/2012 8:17:22 AM
I don't know how many people have ask this but is it ok to put a pokemon on daycare after it got 510 EV's? Does the pokemon get the benefit of the EV's training as it level up in the daycare?
#2y2kaos99Posted 4/30/2012 8:33:40 AM
Sacrifar92 posted...
I don't know how many people have ask this but is it ok to put a pokemon on daycare after it got 510 EV's? Does the pokemon get the benefit of the EV's training as it level up in the daycare?

daycare has NOTHING to do w/ ev's. you can ev a pokemon at level 1 to 509 ev's, let it level to 100 in the daycare, take it out and it would STILL have 509 ev's!
#3Sacrifar92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:40:56 AM
No, what Im trying to say is, pokemon get the benefit of EV as they level up by battles, right? So does using daycare get the benefit as well??
#4MaiagarePosted 4/30/2012 8:46:33 AM
You're confused. Gaining EVs has nothing to do with levels. Levels do decide how much of an effect the EVs you already have gained have, but that's it. You don't gain larger EV bonuses if you level by any means.

So yes, EV training completed + daycare is perfectly safe.
#5Elec Man EXEPosted 4/30/2012 8:49:13 AM(edited)
Stats are not "gained" in pokemon. The game shows you +1 or whatever when you level up, but in reality that screen is just a representation of how your stats are changing, not a real "well, this stat now has an extra 3 points added to a stat counter" type of situation. Stats are recalculated using a formula that factors IVs, EVs, base stats, and level.

As such, its impossible to ever "lose" stat points. The pokemon will always have exactly the stat its supposed to have at the appropriate level and taking into account all the factors that affect stats. Doesn't matter how you train it, doesn't matter if you evolve early vs evolve late, its always going to be the same.

Or in otherwords... yes, its OK to throw a pokemon into the daycare after you EV train them if you so choose. The stats will be identical between a pokemon trained on wild pokemon and a pokemon trained in the daycare (assuming you already have max EVs when starting either, of course).
---
Master of Electricity
#6Mikey_RPosted 4/30/2012 8:55:48 AM
The only thing you have to watch out for is the daycare deleting moves you don't want them to.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
Pokemon Black FC: 5114 2610 0638
#7Sacrifar92(Topic Creator)Posted 4/30/2012 8:57:33 AM
Thank you guys. Actually, I just finish my Archen 510EV's training and was kinda skeptical whether or not it save to put her on daycare, haha, now im at peace.. :)