This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

If you breed a hacked Pokemon is the baby legit?

#1Robot_SoopaPosted 5/3/2012 2:17:12 AM
Topic.
#2The_Sol_BladerPosted 5/3/2012 2:25:41 AM
No, it's an abomination that must be terminated right away. Evil hax0r magic, it's everywhere dood
---
I'm taking swordplay classes, and I have a sword. But fear not, buy me an ice cream and I'll be nice with you.
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
#3GensokyoPosted 5/3/2012 2:27:47 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
No, it's an abomination that must be terminated right away. Evil hax0r magic, it's everywhere dood
#4RudyBeoulvePosted 5/3/2012 2:49:36 AM
Yes. Screw all the weird quasi-religious people that will tell you otherwise.

It's about time we've moved on, people!
---
Superhero name: The Excretionist
Superpower: Your nipples excrete a highly explosive yet delicious substance.
#5The_Sol_BladerPosted 5/3/2012 2:58:25 AM

It's about time we've moved on, people!

I swear I will when people develop something awesome called common sense. It's data generated by the game itself, of course it's f****** legit
---
I'm taking swordplay classes, and I have a sword. But fear not, buy me an ice cream and I'll be nice with you.
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
#6RudyBeoulvePosted 5/3/2012 3:04:33 AM
It was a tongue-in-cheek commentary on the quasi-religious bit. It was made incredibly more funny when you said that it'll go away when people develop common sense.

Yes, yes it will.
-chuckle-
---
Superhero name: The Excretionist
Superpower: Your nipples excrete a highly explosive yet delicious substance.
#7Robot_Soopa(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 3:17:15 AM
The_Sol_Blader posted...
I swear I will when people develop something awesome called common sense. It's data generated by the game itself, of course it's f****** legit

I'd hardly say it's common sense. Parents pass on moves, ability, and stats so it's not too far fetched to think this could influence the baby in a way.
#8GensokyoPosted 5/3/2012 4:32:25 AM(edited)
Robot_Soopa posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...

I'd hardly say it's common sense. Parents pass on moves, ability, and stats so it's not too far fetched to think this could influence the baby in a way.

Then what you are asking is whether the offspring from a hacked Pokémon is considered cheating or not. Just like T_S_B said, of course a baby generated by the game itself without any external help is legit in every way. It's another thing whether the offspring of a hacked Pokémon is considered cheating or not, as it could very well have unfair advantages from the hacked parent(s), just like you say.

Then again, the word I would use for a non-cheated Pokémon would also be the word "legit", so I can see how it's very easy to mix those things up in this situation.

For the record, I do consider a baby from a hacked parent to be cheating, but I still consider it legit in the terms of "not hacked" as long as it doesn't have any illegal moveset/ability combinations.
#9J-Don-BonnePosted 5/3/2012 6:04:17 AM
Robot_Soopa posted...
The_Sol_Blader posted...

Not ability. Just the other two. Sometimes nature with the Everstone.
---
Not changing this sig until Capcom vs SNK 2: Millionaire Fight 2001 comes out on PSN and XBox Live.
"This battle is about to explode!''
#10wutzgoodPosted 5/3/2012 6:09:46 AM
Well hacked parents make the best legit babies.
---
I am wutz good
SS FC: 4598 9525 2106 White FC: 0518 6618 4305 Black 0991 3491 6739