This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

anyone else find it offensive that TM 69 is rock polish?

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. anyone else find it offensive that TM 69 is rock polish?
3 years ago#1
oh, gamefreak. you naughty, naughty, thing you.
---
wat da duck is rong wit u?- pokemon mastah
http://www.thefiestafactory.co.uk/_borders/yellow_duck_other_direction.jpg
3 years ago#2
no
---
a
3 years ago#3
Nope
---
:D Brawlin' Mains: R.O.B., Lucario, Pikachu, Wolf
3 years ago#4
No.

How the heck is "rock polish" a euphemism? I've never heard anyone say "Yah man, I'm gonna go home and get my rock polished". Only the fact that its TM69 makes people look to make it sound sexual.
---
Master of Electricity
3 years ago#5
Now you're gonna say they wanted to tell us something by placing the Daycare in Route 34 in Gen 2
---
I'm taking swordplay classes, and I have a sword. But fear not, buy me an ice cream and I'll be nice with you.
Black FC: 3740 1617 9889
3 years ago#6
Guess I can kinda see this. After all, when talking about an Onix and a Cloyster, polishing one's rock is appropriate. But once you take the Pokemon names away (or if Onix wasn't a Pokemon composed of stones), polishing one's rock makes no sense anymore.
(edited by SSJ2__Gohan)
3 years ago#7
Coincidence. Nothing more. Once the sixth generation hits the 3DS's successor, it'll finally be confirmed that entry 666 in the National PokÚdex will probably be common earlygame stuff (i.e. a starting bird line such as Pidgey's or Taillow's, a starting rodent line such as Sentret's or Patrat's, a starting bug line such as Caterpie's or Ledyba's, a starting canine line like those in the third and fifth generations--Poochyena and Lillipup respectively), and nowhere near a connotation to the devil...
---
I am a die hard Pokemon fan to the most, including the traditional hate of Yu-Gi-Oh.
3 years ago#8
Only if your a 5 year old.
---
My Wife:Skyla
http://safebooru.org/index.php?page=post&s=view&id=665863
3 years ago#9
If it makes you feel better, the original Japanese name of the attack is "Rock Cut". You'll also notice the animation is a bunch of slashing marks.
---
We'll show her the power of a dream.
3 years ago#10
Better than lick.
---
GT: drbaus || Pokemon White FC: 2021 9043 9909
That fish cray
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Black Version
  3. anyone else find it offensive that TM 69 is rock polish?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived