This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Not Battling in Special Buildings Again!

#1ZamphiasPosted 5/6/2012 10:08:11 PM
I'm fed up with Pokemon. I was bored enough to try the Battle Subway out, but ended up getting beat down by that stupid Klinklang owned by the Subway Boss prick. Also, I wanted to see if I can get the best score at the Battle Institute. I was somehow at the Elite level, and didn't realize your score gets replace even if you did worse. I got my ass handed to me obviously, and now it basically says I'm at some crappy rank.

These extra challenges are such a load of BS. All it does is pit you up against Pokemon you're weak against. I have no idea how I scored Elite rank last time, and I don't care about that anymore. I'm not enjoying this game anymore and I've had enough.

Unless Black/White 2 throws in some really mind-blowingly amazing non-battling games/stuff to do, I'm not going to consider wasting my money on it. /rant
---
Pokemon White FC: 3783-1697-5495
#2helldewPosted 5/6/2012 10:19:57 PM
listen. the place called teh battlesubway. notice how that shortens to BS? theres a reason for that.

Also if its not your thing then dont do it you really dont have to. IMO i would look into HG/SS pokeathlon if battleing isnt your thing. platnium has contests but i cant say im a big fan of how they do those in the games.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#3advancewarsnutPosted 5/6/2012 10:26:47 PM
Go back to Gen 3 contests. At the rate Game Freak's going, things are only going to get worse.
---
You know, in Japanese, the Wii 2 would be called the Wii Nii... -NikP1
MWThWii Ally Code: 4791-8695-8735
#4Zamphias(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2012 10:29:44 PM(edited)
I enjoyed the HG/SS Pokeathlon very much. I even broke all of the records. I was horribly disappointed when I found out there was nothing else to do but level grind and battle.

Quick Edit: Are Gen 3 challenges any fun? I've never played Emerald and the others before...
---
Pokemon White FC: 3783-1697-5495
#5SazukeEXPosted 5/7/2012 2:23:12 AM(edited)
BS is tailored for you to lose, the enemy team haxs itself to stack advantages against your team. Eventually all your attacks, even 95 accuracy, will miss over and over while their 50 and 70 accuracy attacks will hit and crit way too often.
---
XBox Live: Tinklyknight (Not Gold at the moment due to various reasons)
#6coreekymonPosted 5/7/2012 2:56:47 AM
Zamphias posted...
I enjoyed the HG/SS Pokeathlon very much. I even broke all of the records. I was horribly disappointed when I found out there was nothing else to do but level grind and battle.

Quick Edit: Are Gen 3 challenges any fun? I've never played Emerald and the others before...

Not sure what you mean by challenges? if you are asking about the emerald battle frontier then No it isn't fun. Maybe a bit less monotonous than the battle subway but still painfully dificult. If you are talking about the contests then yes they are best in the 3rd generation.
#7GastroFanPosted 5/7/2012 4:17:37 AM
I wouldn't take the losses in the battle institute or battle subway to heart since we all know they're set up as hax. I managed to get a good ranking in the Battle Institute in White with Sawk, Whimsicott and Swanna; when I used Whimsicott, Swanna and Scrafty in Black, I ended up with a bad ranking. I was furious until I realized that all Whimsicotts and Swannas aren't the same as far as natures go; that I was fortunate to have the right natures in White for those pokes. Just remember pokemon is only a game.

Official Cresselia of the pokemon B/W2 boards