This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So ahh, HMs weren't required to get to the elite 4 in this game. >_>

#1rapsbryPosted 6/1/2012 7:12:02 PM
Seriously. I ran through my sister's White version in less than 15 hours, and I didn't once have to use an HM to progress the story. None of the gym leaders ever said "You can now use _____ outside of battle," either. This is the first game to do that, isn't it? First game to have a direct sequel, too. :p They really focused on the story this time around. Maybe I'll go replay Ruby and see how that game flows. But all that water..... So thankful BW didn't have any of those "fight teh same pokeman for da next hourrr!!" areas.
---
Capcom, you lost my trust.
Brawl FC: 5327-0561-2993 PSN: ksalfer
#2jobacohuePosted 6/1/2012 7:44:01 PM
I think you had to use cut once in the dreamyard
---
http://goo.gl/Uxynh
I'm a Sandshrew
#3SaintparaPosted 6/2/2012 1:14:41 PM
jobacohue posted...
I think you had to use cut once in the dreamyard

Sho 'nuff did.
---
Official Togekiss of the BW2 Boards
Plothooker - www.plothook.net - Get Hook'd
#4TheDarkTrooper9Posted 6/2/2012 2:21:21 PM
Ain't a Pokemon game without Cut
---
There are 3 kinds of people in this world. Those who can count and those that can't.
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
#5rapsbry(Topic Creator)Posted 6/2/2012 10:08:18 PM
Dawwww, that's right. >,< Damn. :p Just cut though, right? No surf, no strength, flash or any of those other HMs? Curse you, Game Freak. You had to put ONE tree there and ruin all my fun! lol Ahh well, I guess they did need to give HMs some sort of introduction to players.

Well, I guess it's safer to say there was no free-form use of HMs required to get to the elite 4. No Strength puzzles, impossibly dark caves, or endless oceans to navigate. One scripted, "This is an HM. That's a tree. GOGOGO." and that was it for HMs in Black and White's story. Still, that's pretty interesting design choice.
---
Capcom, you lost my trust.
Brawl FC: 5327-0561-2993 PSN: ksalfer
#6Archwing3441Posted 6/2/2012 10:35:56 PM
I think that actually makes since in a realistic (lol, realistic and pokemon) view on the world. Isn't, like, a huge ****ing problem if there is a rock in the way? or a snorlax x.x.
http://www.nuzlocke.com/pokemonhardmode.php?p=29
seriously, you would think that they would have a clear path to each town, unlike a swarm of psyducks getting in the way or something stupid x.x. I guess that just shows how much more advance Unova is... they use cds that don't break after one use... and they use bridges.
---
'How would a lion live in Africa with other random pokemons? Lion attacks Tauros. Tauros used thunder?" -united_kirby