The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What would you give EV to when raising a Chansey?

#1boxdude123Posted 9/16/2012 12:41:30 PM
Where would you give the EV's - Results (51 votes)
HP
41.18% (21 votes)
ATTACK
13.73% (7 votes)
DEFENSE
31.37% (16 votes)
SP.ATK
3.92% (2 votes)
SP.DEF
5.88% (3 votes)
SPEED
3.92% (2 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Feel free to explain in post.
---
Pokemon Black ll: TBA (Oct.7)
Official Tyranitar of the Black 2 board
#2boxdude123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 12:44:22 PM
nvm, Forget the poll. Just give me the TWO stats you'd give the EV's to (I didn't think of needing two answers) lol
---
#3BMSiriusPosted 9/16/2012 12:45:07 PM
Oops, I selected the wrong one on accident. Oh well.

Popular theory is to max out HP and Def, I believe. Also don't forget to give her Eviolite, assuming you mean CHANSEY and not BLISSEY.
---
PSN for Dragon's Dogma: MrDifficult (Pawn: Merritt)
General Use PSN: DarkestSamus
#4HydroDragonPosted 9/16/2012 12:47:57 PM(edited)
Well obviously it's going to be Hp, Def or SpDef.

If you want it to be an efficient mixed wall (or you're using Counter) then maximize Hp and Def. If you want it to be more specially defensive, maximize Def and SpDef. If you want it to be fully specially defensive then maximize Hp and SpDef though this is generally a bad idea because it severely diminishes Chansey's ability to take physical attacks.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#5boxdude123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 12:47:46 PM
BMSirius posted...

Popular theory is to max out HP and Def, I believe. Also don't forget to give her Eviolite, assuming you mean CHANSEY and not BLISSEY.

Well yeah, I actually just ment the three in general. But how much would 252 EV's in Def really help?
---
#6MugilokoPosted 9/16/2012 12:58:45 PM
boxdude123 posted...
BMSirius posted...

Well yeah, I actually just ment the three in general. But how much would 252 EV's in Def really help?

every bit helps in def better yet with bold nature
---
BlackFC:1807-8830-3725. In this world, people don't help, they give links.Official Zoroark of the BW boards
#7_KGC_Posted 9/16/2012 1:10:52 PM
Depends on the metagame.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#8boxdude123(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 1:22:11 PM
Mugiloko posted...
boxdude123 posted...
BMSirius posted...

every bit helps in def better yet with bold nature

I just made a topic about one with bold nature :D
---
#9danmiy12Posted 9/16/2012 1:52:13 PM(edited)
hp:

I use blissey mainly as a wish passer she saved me so many times and made many opponents rage quit...and wish goes off your hp stat <heal amount =half your hp> blissey has so much hp that it almost guarantees that she will heal any pokemon to full <turning many battles into my favor> with smart switching allowing her to be my cleric of the team <shes also hard to take out herself due to the insane hp/sp def>

edit: opps I see you meant chansey lol but still I'll still pick hp and use her as a wish passer she wont heal as much but with evolite will be just as hard to kill...

if I had to pick a second defense because her sp def is already high especially with evoite but she really badly needs defense 252 ev in def makes a huge difference...

go to serebii and look at the base stat of chansey and look at the defense..if you leave it alone... at lv100 its 16-47 defense <depending on ivs>... at level 50 its 11-42 defense <depending on ivs>...

if you add 252 ev into defense that stat becomes 57 at lv50 <if not bold nature> or 62 if bold...this isnt counting evoite which makes that even higher...since her special def is already good this in my opinion is the best option...

---
My 3ds FC:0989-1899-7615
Currently playing Dj Max trilogy, Super Mario 3d Land, Pokemon Rumble Blast, Kid Icarus Uprising
#10SudsymantisPosted 9/16/2012 11:09:44 PM
danmiy12 posted...

edit: opps I see you meant chansey lol but still I'll still pick hp and use her as a wish passer she wont heal as much but with evolite will be just as hard to kill...

Chansey with Eviolite, imo is ridiculously harder to kill compared to Blissey. Her defense, which isn't THAT much lower than Blissey's, is boosted 50% by the Eviolite, making it actually usable, compared to Blissey.

Also, it's almost impossible to find a legit Chansey with Wish, and, sadly, Chansey can't have Wish and Aromatherapy. :(

I would run:
Chansey @ Eviolite
252HP/ 252Def
Bold Nature
Softboiled
Aromatherapy
Toxic
And some offensive move (unless you have access to Chansey with Seismic Toss)

The bad part is, while Chansey has a great offensive movepool, her offensive stats are so terrible that Toxic will be doing most of the damage for her.
---
Black FC : 2237 4259 9429