This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many TR users?

#1JoJoX200Posted 9/22/2012 10:28:10 AM(edited)
I'm currently building a Trick Room team(preferably for Rotation). The thing is, I'm not sure as to how many Trick Room users I'll need. I was thinking between 2 or 3, but not more since the Ghost weakness is heaping.

So, 2 or 3?
#2HydroDragonPosted 9/22/2012 10:19:54 AM(edited)
What's TR? Trick Room? I only guess that because you mention a ghost weakness and most Trick Room users are psychic-type.

It helps to explain when you invent a new abbreviation, lol.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#3JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 10:23:58 AM
I actually saw that abbreviation quite often before. Didn't know it was that rare, sorry.
#4HydroDragonPosted 9/22/2012 10:33:41 AM
I'd give you some advice but I know nothing about rotation battles. For a normal team I'd say you need 3, and I'll add that Porygon2 is a good choice due to good defensive synergy with Psychic types.
---
PSN/X-Box:- HydroDragon95
White Friend Code:- 0690 7918 2154
#5shadowreaper7Posted 9/22/2012 10:59:48 AM
Useful pokemon in Trickroom -
Trickroom users:
Reuniclus
Dusknoir / Dusclops
Porygon 2
Solrock / Lunatone (Surprisingly useful on mono-rock Trick storm teams)
Slowbro
Bronzong
Exeggutor
Klinklang

Notable pokemon benefitting trickroom:
Sturdy Aggron - I've found him particularly useful in test rotation battles what with elemental punches, Good rock stab and a very nice attack stat to work with under trick room, allowing him to take the first hit and then wreck havoc.

Solid rock OR Lightning rod Rhyperior - I prefer Solid rock myself, very useful in trickstorm teams, it allows him to take some hits better. Orcourse putting him in on water/grass moves will likely off him. Also has access to some nice moves like megahorn and elemental punches along with Stab Edgequake

Snorlax - Another very useful poke, particularly when you can use him to absorb Toxic making an attempted stall (though this is unlikely in rotation) impossible. Curse also becomes very OP in this circumstance if you have the chance to start boosting.

Machamp - Also another good, no guard means you won't have to worry about Dynamic punch missing. It does however cause other problems with moves like Stab Blizzard and Thunder though.

Magnezone & Swampert are also good pokemon to consider depending on what role you want filled.
---
Author of the Starfox Story on the Starfox Assault board. Check it out!
Don't Fear the Reaper
#6_KGC_Posted 9/22/2012 2:02:10 PM
For Rotation? Just use a Brave Tyranitar, Reuniclus, LV1 Aron, Excadrill (can't depend on TR all the time), maybe Porygon2 for another Trick Roomer, and maybe something to help against Drizzle teams.
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#7JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 3:00:30 PM
I believe that I got misunderstood. My only question was how many trick room users I should use/how many these teams usually use.

I want to build the actual team myself. And I do already use Porygon2.
#8_KGC_Posted 9/22/2012 3:17:18 PM
Well it depends, on Rotation I use 2, on singles I would like 3.

Does that answer your question?
---
"You got to be careful if you don't know where you're going, because you might not get there."
- Yogi Berra
#9JoJoX200(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 5:32:37 AM
Yes, that's an answer I can work with. It contains an exact number, which is what I originally asked for.

I'll, however, take some of the suggestions in this topic into account, so thanks everyone.