This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Clarification Black/White, the 3DS and WPA Settings

#11beebarbPosted 10/3/2012 11:11:22 PM
Probit_Return posted...
Semantics, you can play Black and White in a regular DS or DS Lite just fine, you just might miss out on a feature or two. Actually, I don't even know what those features would be. Anyone mind enlightening me? I've probably already heard, I just can't think of anything.

Basically the only things you miss out on when playing on a DS or DS Lite are the following:
1. The Xtransceiver (bar the in-game NPC story-related contact, as the DSi/3DS camera is needed for that to function)
2. WPA and WPA2 connection security support.
---
We shall always remember the departed...
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418
#12Probit_ReturnPosted 10/3/2012 11:47:42 PM
Ah, okay, thanks. I totally forgot about the Xtransceiver, mostly because I've never actually used it outside of the story events.
---
Hinako danced crazy
#13LegacyBroken(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 4:59:19 AM
I have one other issue with Black and it has to dowith setting up global link. Ive gone on the Pokemon website and registered for the club but when I go to the global link website it says it is under maintenance. When will it be finished its maintenance or is it a bug that has a workaround?
#14Mikey_RPosted 10/4/2012 5:13:19 AM
That has nothing to do with the game at all, it's just GameFreak performing maintenance on the servers, just to check it is till running smoothly and help fix any problems that might have come up.
---
http://s7.zetaboards.com/Burnin_Rubber/index/
#15LegacyBroken(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2012 5:21:47 AM
Mikey_R posted...
That has nothing to do with the game at all, it's just GameFreak performing maintenance on the servers, just to check it is till running smoothly and help fix any problems that might have come up.

Has there been any word of when they plan to have it back up and running?