This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Getting conflicting reports - Dream World abilities for the Therian formes?

#1BMSiriusPosted 10/3/2012 10:20:25 PM
Hello all,

I am aware that the Kami Trio has the following Abilities in their Incarnate (Normal) Formes:

Tornadus: Prankster
DW: Defiant

Thundurus: Prankster
DW: Defiant

Landorus: Sand Force
DW: Sheer Force

Now, here's my question about the Therian Formes. Do all Therian Formes have a single Ability (Regenerator, Volt Absorb, and Intimidate respectively) regardless of whether they were caught in-game or in the Dream Radar, or do the Dream World versions of the Therian Formes have the alternate Abilities (Defiant, Defiant, and Sheer Force) as well?

Thanks!
---
Pokemon White FC: 1764-8367-1938
I love Legendary Pokemon!
#2HomeRowedPosted 10/3/2012 10:21:43 PM
The therian formes only have one ability, so they will all have Regenerator, Volt Absorb, and Intimidate (respectively).
---
HOME ROWED
they're not rocks, they're minerals
#3BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:26:17 PM
That's what I thought... I became confused because of Smogon's pages, which show both the Ability they're supposed to have AND the Dream World Ability, as such:

http://www.smogon.com/bw/pokemon/landorus-t

Now, I forgive it because those pages are unfinished (they haven't officially added the Therian forme strategies and movesets yet), but it still confused/freaked me out (I have special plans for the Dream Radar and this would've ruined them, lol). So thanks for confirming for me.
---
#4HomeRowedPosted 10/3/2012 10:29:00 PM
Bulbapedia also lists the hidden abilities as separate from the regular abilities, even for both formes. I guess some sites just haven't got around to correctly updating the pages yet.
---
HOME ROWED
#5beebarbPosted 10/3/2012 10:32:35 PM(edited)
It's true that the Therian forms only have one ability, but if they are changed to their Incarnate (Normal) forms with the reflecting mirror, those forms will have their Dream World Abilities.

In essence the Kami trio have three ability sets:

Normal (accessible by capture in Black/White)
Dream World (accessible by using the Reflecting Mirror to change Therian to Incarnate)
Therian (accessible by capture in Dream Radar)
---
We shall always remember the departed...
White FC: 0862-2660-4156 / 3DS FC: 2492-4470-1418
#6BMSirius(Topic Creator)Posted 10/3/2012 10:36:28 PM(edited)
beebarb posted...
True, but if they are changed to their Incarnate (Normal) forms with the reflecting mirror, those forms will have their Dream World Abilities.

In essence the Kami trio have three ability sets:

Normal (accessible by capture in Black/White)
Dream World (accessible by using the Reflecting Mirror to change Therian to Incarnate)
Therian (accessible by capture in Dream Radar)

Just to confirm my understanding...

CAUGHT IN BLACK/WHITE:
Tornadus/Thundurus: Prankster
Landorus: Sand Force
*If you use Reflecting Mirror...
Tornadus-T: Regenerator
Thundurus-T: Volt Absorb
Landorus-T: Intimidate
*If you use Reflecting Mirror again, they'll still have Prankster/Prankster/Sand Force

CAUGHT IN DREAM RADAR:
Tornadus-T: Regenerator
Thundurus-T: Volt Absorb
Landorus-T: Intimidate
*If you use Reflecting Mirror...
Tornadus/Thundurus: Defiant
Landorus: Sheer Force
*If you use Reflecting Mirror again, they'll still have Regenerator/Volt Absorb/Intimidate

Correct?
---
#7HomeRowedPosted 10/3/2012 10:37:39 PM
That is correct.
---
HOME ROWED
#8bararad13Posted 10/3/2012 11:13:32 PM(edited)
yes.. as those kamis were caught in the dream radar.. they have their alternate abillites... but regadless of wheter or not they have alternate or normal abillities.. their therian forms will have the same abillities (similiar to giratina and it's origin form)