inFamous 2 Evil Ending=NOT NEARLY AS EVIL AS INFAMOUS 1 EVIL ENDING (SPOILERS)

#1IceHero991Posted 6/22/2011 6:21:53 PM
inFamous 1 Evil Ending: SCREW SAVING THE WORLD I WILL DO WHATEVER I WANT.

inFamous 2 Evil Ending: I don't want to die.....so I'm going to not kill humanities guaranteed survival, just because there is a 50/50 chance everyone else will live....and if doesn't cure the plague WE'RE REALLY SCREWED. Great now I have to kill Nix. Great now I have to kill Zeke. WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS JOHN YOU'RE GIVING UP?! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT I DID FOR THIS PLAN? I KILLED ZEKE! Oh...you were joking....seriously...don't....this wasn't easy at all. Then carries on the plan and gets attacked by government.

You can tell in the dialogue with Nix, he didn't want to do it, he really didn't want to kill her, but he had too. Which is why even when he has her in the amp he waits a second before killing her. Then with Zeke, "half as long, twice as bright," you can tell they're still friends on some level, they're both just trying to stay alive. They understand what they each are about to do.

"I gotta try,"
"I know,"

YOU KNOW THEY REALLY DIDN'T WANT TO FIGHT EACH OTHER.

I'm not saying what he did in inFamous 2 wasn't evil, but the entire evil ending, you can feel he was restrained, he really didn't want to do what he was doing. This is honestly, the first time in his life that he was in a situation where he was guaranteed to die if he didn't do what he did. I'm not saying he didn't face near-death situations or danger before, but he had some confidence in everything else he was doing that he would be able to make it through. Whereas here it was literally, live or die...make a choice.

Anyways inFamous 1 was essentially, "**** THE WORLD AND EVERYONE IN IT!"

inFamous 2 was, "I don't want to die."
---
"I don't like your plan. It sucks."-Nopieghost
#2Sol4688Posted 6/22/2011 6:27:07 PM
I agree. Infamous 2's morality system was just so weak compared to 1. In 1, I actually felt like an evil being hellbent on proving who's top dog, damn whatever anyone else feels. Yet in 2, it just seems like Cole's still trying to be a good guy, but just taking the long, bumpy, idiotic path.
---
PSN: CrimeRoyal
#3hakkinnenPosted 6/22/2011 6:46:05 PM
The inFamous 2 morality system feels more like Chaos vs Order rather than simply Good vs Evil. ( D&D style, aw yeah ).

I mean, in the second, regardless of the path you choose (the choice you have to make in the end doesn't count, because that's a moment thing), you're looking to grow in power to fight the beast. How you do it, being a good samaritan and sticking to the rules ( Order ) or being a prick and using whatever means necessary to achieve your goal, without regard for others ( Chaos ), is up to you. Being Good or Evil seems more like a side effect of that.
---
PSN: BeazelWeasel
#4IceHero991(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 6:49:58 PM
So first game

good with inherent order vs evil with inherent chaos

2nd

chaos vs order? but with inherent goodness on both (to me at least)

That seems about right
---
"I don't like your plan. It sucks."-Nopieghost