Ionic storm...

#1LazyyAmericanPosted 6/8/2011 8:24:18 PM
Totally nerfed...as far as I can tell it just strikes one area in front of you and that's it. Don't understand why they didn't carry over the sixxaxis functionality for it.
---
What if someone flies the Helicopter to Calypso and shoot him?
#2InfiniteFSoraPosted 6/8/2011 8:27:36 PM
Yeah i'm pretty sure it was just put in as plot advancement for the final fight.
---
Those who dance appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
#3brodieclerkPosted 6/8/2011 8:39:02 PM
According to the power description, it'll hit the biggest enemy in the area, and only the biggest enemy. It seemed useless at first, but I used it on an ice titan and it took him down to the R1 prompt in one hit. It would probably kill any other large enemy in one hit.
#48BitZombiPosted 6/8/2011 8:41:38 PM
Most of Cole's powers from the first game got dumbed down.

Powers cost more, including standard bolts.

Standard grenades are no longer sticky.

Good grenades lost the ability to arc restraint enemies.

Precision doesn't slow down time any more.

Induction yield has been removed entirely.

Polarity Wall has become an ice only power.
(Even though it looks like Polarity Wall rather than the ice conduits shields.)

On top of that, they wasted two blast cores that could have been used to gain new and unique powers on regaining powers Cole already had before, which really feels like a cop out to me...
#5brodieclerkPosted 6/8/2011 9:01:02 PM
Precision still slows down time, but it's not as noticeable until you upgrade it. It's barely worth the energy cost now, though, since most enemies from the middle of the game and on need two zaps to the head to kill.

I was a bit disappointed when I unlocked powers I already had from the first game, too.
#68BitZombiPosted 6/8/2011 9:03:10 PM
brodieclerk posted...
Precision still slows down time, but it's not as noticeable until you upgrade it. It's barely worth the energy cost now, though, since most enemies from the middle of the game and on need two zaps to the head to kill.

I was a bit disappointed when I unlocked powers I already had from the first game, too.

Even so, it is an upgrade instead of something that was previously standard. And it requires you to clear more than half the side missions in the game just to unlock something that Cole would do just a month earlier while in Empire City...
#766_RyderPosted 6/8/2011 9:25:10 PM
agreed its almost useless compared to other ionic powers
---
PSN: Tha66RydenMFFL
#8SkrallRampagerPosted 6/8/2011 9:30:43 PM
It's extremely useful on those "mini bosses"

Example: Ice berserker- the other iconic powers don't do much damage at all against him.
Ionic storm destroys him.

Just think of it as a boss/big creature destroyer.
---
Wii Code: 1735-0238-9281-5861
Console Nickname: Ralph444