Marathon S-Rank?

#1Geno64Posted 4/24/2011 12:57:47 PM
So how many points does it take to get an S-Rank on Marathon? I got 875K and still got an A. Yeah, I made a few mistakes, but it's really hard not to when it's so long.
---
NP: Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland / Ninja Five-0
Ninja Five-0 Hard done - Time Trials 20/20
#2j_darrellPosted 4/25/2011 6:25:27 AM
I think it's in the 900k-1 million range... Are you going for all the achievements? Good luck!
#3Geno64(Topic Creator)Posted 4/26/2011 8:21:19 PM
Ok finally got it. 986k did the trick. I got 910k earlier so it must be in over 950k I guess.
Still screwed up a few times so above a million isn't super hard. I realize UFOs appear when you don't get hit, but does using bombs affect their appearance too? Though there's probably other factors, since I think they show up faster if you don't touch the same grapple point twice.

Yeah I'm trying to get all medals, though the Endless mode ones sound really hard. Then again I'm mostly concentrating on Time Attack now, only "Light Speed" medal missing.
---
#4j_darrellPosted 4/27/2011 3:09:07 PM
I should've looked at my high scores, I have an S rank of 951460 so I agree with when you say 950k+. Somewhere between 915k and 950k anyway.

I don't think bombs affect anything, I always tried to use them all up at the most convenient times and don't remember any drawbacks.

"To make the UFO appear, you need to grab 12 "fresh" normal grapple points in a row, without grabbing any "used" normal grapple points or taking damage in between."
http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/dsiware/aura_aura_climber_impressions_thread?start=52
#5Geno64(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2011 6:06:00 PM
Ha, would have been good to now that before.

Anyway, I finished getting all medals. I also made it to 10k meters on Endless and went back to Marathon with the new knowledge about UFOs and got 1.06 million.

The unlockable for getting all medals was pretty underwhelming (unless it does something other than b/w I haven't noticed), not that I was expecting anything.

Well I'm done with the game but it has plenty of value for just $2; should have been 500 points, not that I'm complaining.
---