Extra Chapter 1 (Spoilerz)

#1PurpleMasterPosted 12/20/2011 1:43:42 PM
Ok, that's maybe my only real issue with this beautiful game.
I unlocked this chapter upon finishing chapter 1.
So the overall tone of the game was really creepy and scary (I noticed that the scariness tends to drop in the late chapters, but that's my opinion).
I play the extra chapter.
And suddenly, the spirit that made me jump from the chair back in chapter 1 is a true gentleman and I have to do a fetch quest for him, involving a couple of riddles and a lot of fun!
I had my eyes wide open at the moment.
Since I had just finished chapter 1, I really found this extra chapter to be really out of place. It added nothing to the experience or backstory and managed to gave the school a "kind" feeling. (Just my 2 cents)
What do you think?
#2MikalobePosted 12/20/2011 1:59:03 PM
I think it was just there to shed more light on some of the characters who died (or was involved in the main cast's lives) at Heavenly Host.... which apparently will be better explained in Book of Shadows.
#3RinkuTanukiPosted 12/20/2011 4:02:07 PM
Well, first of all, it lets you know why that ghost is so pissy when he yells at you.

Secondly, it adds a huge emotional impact. You see these three girls, who are not much different from Naomi, Mayu, and the other girls in your party. They're determined to find a way out, and you become attached to them even though their section is so short.

So you play through the rest of the game, with them in the back of your mind, when suddenly you come across their corpses. And they've been murdered just as brutally as so many others. Just three more bodies added to the pile.

I thought it was a very nice touch.
#4AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/20/2011 4:08:09 PM
^ I saved all the extra chapters for the end of the game, and I regret that. :-/
---
SWERY!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b188/rogueturnip/dinner.jpg
#5ZEOPOWER6Posted 12/20/2011 4:21:40 PM
AyumiSqueezetoy posted...
^ I saved all the extra chapters for the end of the game, and I regret that. :-/

I did the same. ;[