Corpse Party PC-98 Version English Translation RELEASED

#1ZeikTheGeekPosted 4/21/2012 9:00:09 PM
And it's time! Today marks the 16th Anniversary of CORPSE PARTY's original Japanese release. Us here at Memories of Fear want to celebrate this occasion by releasing the English translation of the game that started it all, CORPSE PARTY for the PC-9801! We hope everyone here enjoys it, we worked very hard and enjoyed translating, editing and bug-fixing this wonderful little game.

http://www.memoriesoffear.com/games_corpsepartypc98/index.html

Thanks everyone for their patience while we worked on this project!

Legal notes:
CORPSE PARTY was originally a freeware game for the PC-98. All renditions of this game, including this remake, are complete freeware. To the best of my knowledge, there should be no copyright infringement by posting a link to the translated version of this game.
#2RinkuTanukiPosted 4/21/2012 9:51:47 PM
You're awesome, Zeik.
#3AshercroixPosted 4/21/2012 10:03:05 PM
Wow, I just decided to stop by this board on my way to bed and found this amazing gem. Thanks so much for all your hard work! You guys are awesome!
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ashercroix
Playing: Tales of Graces, Tales of the Abyss (3DS), Sengoku Basara 3, Silent Hill: Downpour
#4AshercroixPosted 4/21/2012 10:05:28 PM
Oh, just so you know, Chrome is reporting the game download as malicious. :[
---
Playing: Tales of Graces, Tales of the Abyss (3DS), Sengoku Basara 3, Silent Hill: Downpour
#5superdubesPosted 4/21/2012 10:38:20 PM(edited)

I can vouch for the program that it's not malicious. I did a little bit of testing for them, and Norton was doing the same thing. It's only coming up as malicious because it's a .exe file that not that many people have downloaded. If anyone has trouble with antivirus software. I turned off the sonar on Norton 360 and made it to where it wouldn't automatically delete possible threats right away.

After that put the .exe in a folder all it's own, and it install the game. It's a lot of fun, and you guys will enjoy it.

Also, Zeik I want to congratulate you and Enigma on a job well done. I know the two of you put a lot of work into this game. It's enviable to see people care enough about something to work that hard.
---
Blood! Sometimes it sets my teeth on edge. Other times it helps me control the chaos. -Dexter Morgan
#6AjogamerPosted 4/21/2012 10:36:38 PM(edited)
Nice to have this finally released. Hope you all enjoy playing it! Also, in case I didn't already, I wanna thank both Zeik and Enigma for all the work you two put into the English release.

Ashercroix posted...

I can vouch for it being legitimate as well; certain virus shields just have a tendency to falsely mark .exes they don't recognize as malicious, as Dubes said. So yeah, just ignore it, and do the work around Dubes mentioned, if needed.
#7AshercroixPosted 4/21/2012 10:45:29 PM
Haha, thanks guys. I installed it and everything anyway (of course), but I wanted to mention it in case it was an actual issue.

Ajogamer, did I just see you on the SaGa board? It would be easy to check, but I just felt like asking, lol.
---
#8AjogamerPosted 4/22/2012 12:58:27 AM
Ashercroix posted...
Ajogamer, did I just see you on the SaGa board? It would be easy to check, but I just felt like asking, lol.

Ha, yeah, you probably did, assuming you mean SaGa Frontier. I've been hanging around that place ever since I made a GameFAQs account, and even browsed it from time to time a little before that.
#9FatalFrame2_FanPosted 4/22/2012 1:23:32 AM
Thank you for all the hard works you put in guys! Really appreciated!!!
#10killernomnoms1Posted 4/22/2012 7:38:52 AM(edited)
ZeikTheGeek posted...
And it's time! Today marks the 16th Anniversary of CORPSE PARTY's original Japanese release. Us here at Memories of Fear want to celebrate this occasion by releasing the English translation of the game that started it all, CORPSE PARTY for the PC-9801! We hope everyone here enjoys it, we worked very hard and enjoyed translating, editing and bug-fixing this wonderful little game.

http://www.memoriesoffear.com/games_corpsepartypc98/index.html

Thanks everyone for their patience while we worked on this project!

Legal notes:
CORPSE PARTY was originally a freeware game for the PC-98. All renditions of this game, including this remake, are complete freeware. To the best of my knowledge, there should be no copyright infringement by posting a link to the translated version of this game.

yayy(silently) OH! are there any viruses? I don't want to break my computer ...again
---
The reson why there are dislikes on youtube is because this is one of the ways how the capitol can stick it to the rebellion