Is This a Series?

#1Seth56Posted 12/2/2012 3:29:30 PM
I'm thinking about buying this game but I need to know if there are any sequals, prequals, part 2's, ect.
#2chengmasterPosted 12/2/2012 4:19:18 PM
There's:

- Book of Shadows, a "What if" storyline, to my perspective.

- Anthology Hysteric Birthday 2U, A "Spin-off", according to the wiki.

- Musume, a Non-canon Ecchi Manga about the PC-98 release.

-Another Child, a Non-Canon(?) manga about the series.

- Blood Drive, the Sequel, but not released.

-Blood Covered, which is this.
---
"But the bottom part here made some water!"
~Shizuka, Not aware of the process of Insert Rod A to Hole A.
#3WyrdwadPosted 12/2/2012 5:30:16 PM
Also Corpse Party 2: Dead Patient is on the way.

Also also, Book of Shadows isn't JUST a "what if" game, as it contains sequel and prequel elements as well.

So yeah... this is series, for sure. A long-running and still-going series.

And Book of Shadows is due for release in English this winter, BTW.
#4Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/2/2012 6:06:04 PM
chengmaster posted...
- Blood Drive, the Sequel, but not released.

I thought Blood Drive is the last chapter of Book of Shadows?
---
President of the [SEEF] Club | Members: 27
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
#5WyrdwadPosted 12/2/2012 7:25:26 PM
It is. But it's also the next game in the 5pb series. Said chapter is a prologue to that game.
#6Mad_CartoonistPosted 12/2/2012 8:56:18 PM
Wyrdwad posted...
It is. But it's also the next game in the 5pb series. Said chapter is a prologue to that game.

ah. I see.
Haven't really followed the news. XD
---
President of the [SEEF] Club | Members: 27
Read [Zodiac Angels - Chapter Viola] @ [http://tinyurl.com/mcib-ZACV] Updated Every Saturday
#7AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 6:26:04 PM
is book of shadows out yet?

also, are any of the manga available in english (officially)?
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#8WyrdwadPosted 12/3/2012 6:28:27 PM(edited)
Not yet. Sometime this winter (for Book of Shadows, that is -- no plans for the Corpse Party manga, to my knowledge).
#9AyumiSqueezetoyPosted 12/3/2012 6:32:12 PM
hey, off topic, sort of, but speaking of such things... any good anime come out recently? the last few I bought were evangelion 2.22, Paprika, High School of the Dead, and Rin. I see there's a new When They Cry or something, but it looks quite different. might not be related...
---
The Reclamation has begun!
#10WyrdwadPosted 12/3/2012 9:12:01 PM
If the new When They Cry = Umineko no Naku Koro ni, then it is related... in a way. It's another story by the same author as Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, but set at a later point in time and with a different, mostly adult cast of characters. It's also far more supernatural in nature, and far more... surreal/abstract, I guess you could say? It's kind of impossible to summarize without spoiling it, but suffice it to say, if you like Corpse Party and Higurashi, you'll almost certainly like Umineko as well. And it does have a connection to Higurashi, but again, I can't say what it is without spoiling things...

Before someone else comes along and "corrects" me, too, I feel I must note that the anime series is incomplete -- it's missing a much larger amount of material from the original visual novels than Higurashi, it ends on a cliffhanger, and a second season was never made. Many will tell you that, as a result, the anime adaption of Umineko sucks... but having ONLY seen the anime, and never played/read the visual novel, I can tell you, I enjoyed the hell out of Umineko. It's a fantastic show in its own right, incomplete or not, and comes highly recommended... UNLESS you plan to read the visual novel some day, I suppose.