Bat-Mite Challenge

#1Mr DNAPosted 9/17/2010 7:41:02 PM
How in flying hell are you supposed to take out that many enemies in two minutes? They should have at least let you super-charge! Anybody know how many rounds there are?
---
oh honey, oh please, it's just a machine
#2MulticronPosted 9/17/2010 7:53:44 PM
I can't beat round 8 - at about 10 seconds left to go, a fourth or fifth wave of like 5 gorillas, 8 robots, and four flying robots shows up. The closes I ever got was 2 enemies left (and who knows if that was even the final group in round 8). I've fully upgraded every gadget - the only one that even seems worthwhile / usable without energy refills is the Nth metal knuckles.
---
XBL: MulticronX :: Wii: 2126 3783 2647 1690 :: PSN: Multicron
http://users.ign.com/collection/M-Prime
#3MulticronPosted 9/17/2010 8:22:00 PM
Used the knuckles through round 9, then switched to sword, used it as much as possible, died, got more. Made it through all of round 10, then 25 more enemies showed up. This mode is so unfair.
---
XBL: MulticronX :: Wii: 2126 3783 2647 1690 :: PSN: Multicron
http://users.ign.com/collection/M-Prime
#4Mr DNA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2010 4:13:22 AM
Yeah, why did the game decide to be hard now? I almost finished Round 9. I was psyched that I beat the four yellow growing/shrinking guys, and then BAM! About fifteen bees, and six of those annoying blue guys that constantly block and grab you. With about 8 seconds left.

I really want to know if you get anything for doing this. Otherwise, what incentive do I have to go back to it? It's single-player only, you can't bust out super combos, and you don't even earn money for defeating enemies. That, and (as much as I like Paul Reubens) Bat-Mite's unskippable pre-game speech is too damn long.

On the plus side, I found that Batarangs take out those robots pretty quickly. Do the Nth Metal Knuckles really... do anything? They're supposed to be good against ghosts, right? But the ghosts/zombies are wusses already. I want to use the belt sword, but it eats the blue meter like crazy.
---
#5MegaClobberPosted 9/18/2010 7:21:10 AM
You gotta use the different weapons. Like belt sword kills the blue ninja guys real quick and stun gun turns the giant cats back into regular cats. I think that's the only way to get through. You gotta figure out what enemies the weapons work against.
#6Mr DNA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2010 5:30:08 PM
FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUU

Why must the flashbangs kill crows but knock bees unconscious?! I don't have time to sweep kick twenty dazed bees! Bat-Mite is haunting me!
---
#7DargorTrooPosted 9/19/2010 5:47:30 PM
This difficulty spike is so insane. Reminds me a lot of "A Boy and his Blob". That's the way of Wayforward.
#8Mr DNA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2010 6:25:34 AM
Well, I did it. Round 10 is a real doosie. I started with a Flashbang to stop the tommy gun guys from shooting. From there, I spammed Batarangs and Belt Sworded the ninjas. Even let myself get killed just to refill the blue meter. And as far as I can tell, my efforts have been unrewarded, other than getting the title back to normal. Damn Bat-Mite is still on Batman's shoulder, though.
---
#9Mr DNA(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2010 6:27:44 AM
Oh, yeah! Another good move is chaining the air combo. Do two or three punches, uppercut, and finish with an air combo. This takes out a lot of enemies in one chain, even gorillas.
---
#10DargorTrooPosted 9/25/2010 1:23:11 PM
Would it destroy the game or the entire universe to reward the player for completing the Bat-Mite Challenge? Maybe I'm asking too much, who else give rewards anyway?