Chance of getting ported to psp??!!!!

#1mikael333Posted 3/14/2010 11:10:30 PM
tell me
---
BLAH!!!
#2Fatt_FuzzPosted 3/15/2010 6:49:21 AM
Unlikely, This game basically has PS3 written all over it. The Arcade board it uses is based of the PS3 afterall.
---
GG main: Slayer
BB main: Ragna
#3Mutsu_KenichiPosted 3/15/2010 7:38:41 AM
I hope not. I only have PS3
---
Waiting for Super Street Fighter IV, Gundam Extreme VS and Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (hopefully)
Psn : mutsu_kenichi
#4SuperSailorMoonPosted 3/15/2010 9:23:04 PM
This going to be HD, PSP has no HD.
---
Male...female....... What's the difference? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power! Flea(Chrono Trigger)
#5mikael333(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2010 11:44:51 PM
sorry bout the other topic pressed it 2 times. . .
anyway ps3 is alright since i have one. . . hahahahahah im evil
---
BLAH!!!
#6Zao_YenPosted 3/27/2010 11:49:42 AM
"Unlikely, This game basically has PS3 written all over it."

your (and all the people who think the same)name has basically written "stupid" all over it.seriously,th y said the same about tekken 5 and tekken 6 "nah its impossible its only for ps3 lulz" and yet we got a version for psp..never heard of "port-downgrading" and stuff before?and beside,the gundam vs series has got so many positive votes also (if not mainly)for the psp ports which added units and stuff,wihout forgetting that there are more psp owners than ps3 owners..so yeah,there will be a psp port.if bandai namco really think that is thould be ps3 only,there's really something wrong with them
#7gamestop27Posted 3/27/2010 3:16:17 PM
your (and all the people who think the same)name has basically written "stupid" all over it

G27)*sigh* this doesn't deserve a proper response.

.seriously,th y said the same about tekken 5 and tekken 6 "nah its impossible its only for ps3 lulz" and yet we got a version for psp..never heard of "port-downgrading" and stuff before?

G27) It's already been established that the tekken comparison is a bad example.

and beside,the gundam vs series has got so many positive votes also (if not mainly)for the psp ports which added units and stuff,wihout forgetting that there are more psp owners than ps3 owner

G27)That's funny since I don't recall there ever being an election to see which platform people preferred to play the Gundam Vs games on, the only rational reasons I can see why bandai put the gundam vs games on the psp is because the ps2 was showing it's age, the psp was not selling, and the graphics engine wasn't good enough to be on the ps3, so they were screwed either way in reguards to the first Gundam vs Gundam. Do you have any proof there are more psp owners than ps3 owners?

..so yeah,there will be a psp port.if bandai namco really think that is thould be ps3 only,there's really something wrong with them

G27) First, you don't know that, and with the limited information we have now everything is favoring a ps3 port. Why not? the psp isn't going anywhere, the PS3 has an install base that can no longer be ignored, if they choose to pass on this oppurtunity, THEN there is something wrong with them. I think the only reason you made this post is because you don't have a ps3.
#8Fatt_FuzzPosted 3/27/2010 3:29:28 PM
I liked T5 DR but T6 PSP was terrible, I seriously hope they don't do that to this game.

I would rather it be as close to arcade perfect as possible, which, if Tekken 6 is any indication would not happen. I'm not saying they won't port it to both. it'll just suffer if they do. It's the first HD Gundam VS game, and I'd rather play it in HD.

I know this is "Teh internetz" but please don't call people stupid.

And I never said a PSP port was impossible, In fact if the game-play was entirely intact I would love it on the PSP, It's just that Tekken 6 PSP has set my standards kind of low.

I know graphics aren't the point, but It's about time we had a Gundam VS game in HD!
---
If you believe In The Doctor as your lord and savior 100% Put this as your signature.
#9HokutoNoBenPosted 3/27/2010 8:50:52 PM
There are a few things that are worthy of taking into consideration here:

1) The want for arcade perfection - The moment people get a glimpse of seeing what this new game is about, and in all of its HD, "looks like a DVD!" quality, you're going to immediately have a desire for people who will want to be experience that within their own home. GEX, being constructed on a PS3-compatible board, would mean that a PS3 port what definitely grant that much. The PSP won't, for reasons that should be obvious.

2) The PSP "fan base" - Don't get it twisted. The main reason the PSP is still even relevant in Japan (which keeps it from being placed in the same spot of nigh-obscurity it occupies every where else in the world), is because of Monster Hunter. For most Gundam Vs. players, they bought the PSP version because it was the only "home version" that existed.Judging by the sales numbers for the PSP versions, as compared to their PS2 predessors? No numbers were gained from the shift to the portable; it was basically the same number of units sold throughout the series' history. The same fans just did more to "migrate over" from the last PS2 release, for lack of having any other choice.

If the franchise moved again, I don't think too many people would feel "betrayed". Hell, more probably would be happy, because, at least going by the sentiments over at 2ch and etc, people would like to be able to use their own arcade sticks to play the game at home once more. It makes for better practicing when they go back out to the arcades.

3) The role of the PSP in the future - As it stands right now, the PSP's main thing is, again, being the "Monster Hunter Portable" machine. And judging by the fact that we are not likely going to see a home version for GEX until well into next year (unless I stand to be surprised), that's basically looking in the face of 2011. And with Nintendo and Apple already laying their gauntlets down for their next generation portable devices, surely Sony is going to get ready to do likewise, or they're going to be even more shut out than they already are.

So in other words, the PSP's days are definitely numbered. It's not likely going to be much more of a "valid" platform choice by this year's end, in the eyes of many developers and publishers. At this point, it may be more prudent to think of what plans may be in store for a "PSP2" with regards to Gundam Vs., rather than the PSP we have now.
---
Hokuto Musou - Thousands of thugs, grunts and punks are already dead. The count will begin March 2010...
#10Zao_YenPosted 3/28/2010 8:26:33 AM
well a constructive comment at least,minus the fact you'resaying that psp has its day numbered.would liek to see any proof of that.anyway,yes people saw it in HD and said (omg wanna play it in hd ,hd ftw)which i idont' care,as i wpuld prefer having more suits,characters and well blaanced gameplay than a eye candy improvement.i gorwn up playing gundam games when they were still a mass of pixellated shilouttes,and GvG made it the best possible attempt in making a fun game with decent graphic.i do own an hd tv,but i dont' give damn if a game its in hd or not,nor i'm willing to prefer a platfrom for it just because its the trendy thing to do.and before you ask,yes i don't own a ps3,nor i will ever buy one.now i understand many people speny hundreds of dallrs in their ps3,so they.."rightfully" wants all best games out there for their supre priced console,but not me.i coudl consider buying it just for this gundam game,IF they make it worthwhile for me(again,adding many many more gundams,since now they can't possibly have any "size" excuses).if it will be just the same game,with 4 more units and HD(OMG!!),then i'll pass it.*puts on flame armor*