Daza SP

#1hannwatersPosted 4/15/2010 11:27:19 AM
Hey all, I know the general consensus on building Daza is to invest mostly in con and occasionally tossing a few in str, however I am having some troubles.

My SP is nowhere near high enough on average to keep pace with my Dragon Cut and Phoenix Smash skills. Just got a new necklace (or whichever ornament it is that increases max SP), so that helps a bit, but will things get better as I go along leveling or should I invest a few points in the int stat so I can up my SP to allow me to use Phoenix Smash more than only once (as it depletes my entire SP gauge and then when hunger hits I can't use it at all). Dragon Cut can still be used sparingly, but Phoenix Smash is almost nonexistent for me at the moment.

Oh, and I am level 18 right now, so I do have quite a few levels to go and curious if the growth of my SP will get better as I go.
---
King_Chiba: Aight I'll let you guys finish, but Jacob is the biggest 50 cent look a like of all time! Oh and The Illusive Man Doesn't Care About Quarian People
#2MistermugglesPosted 4/15/2010 11:54:31 AM
I find the best Daza build is 2 str 1 con per level unless I'm on a boss I rarely rarely die and with money so easily obtained I just fork over 3k to rez. I maxed out Incarnation tree which helps out greatly with lvling. As you level sp will be fine you'll find the problem is the cool down times but don't waste your time putting points into Nature's swiftness its costly on SP and it doesn't cool down your abilities fast enough basically it has a negative effect. Personally I think its bugged. Nice to see another Daza player I love daza here's my build

Daza LvL 88:
STR - 261
Con - 176
Dex - 112
Int - 47

Passive abilities:
Outrage of Beast - 10/10
Brutality of Beast - 10/10
Leather of Wild Animal - 10/10

Active Abilities:
Dragon Cut - 3/3
Phoenix Smash - 5/5
Hyper Flying kick - 1/2 (a waste imo just haven't re-skilled to get points back yet)
Knuckle Boom - 4/4 (meh so so)
Incarnation Tree - 5/5 (Must have)
Energy Damage - 4/4 (Its just cool to have a hadoken I rarely use it)
Survival instinct - 1/4 (haven't used it yet)(just put in to get to Incarnation tree)

Nature's Protection - 1/5 (just put in to get to Incarnation tree)
#3hannwaters(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2010 1:27:14 PM
Would 2 str and 1 con really be a good build though? As I understand it, str increases physical attack power for Daza (other benefits for Lu) and Con, because it is Daza, increases physical attack power just like str, but alos increases your hp and hp regen. Coupled with the Blood passive, more con should theoretically mean not only the same increase in raw attack power as str, but also more hp AND increase your final blows damage significantly.

Granted, str is still nice to kick a few points in for weight capacity though, but I am not sure if 2 str and 1 con every level would be the best call for raw damage potential.

Thank you very much for the info on SP and Incarnation Tree. Was wondering what I would do with my points once I maxed out Dragon Cut, Phoenix Smash, and some passives haha.
---
King_Chiba: Aight I'll let you guys finish, but Jacob is the biggest 50 cent look a like of all time! Oh and The Illusive Man Doesn't Care About Quarian People
#4Tucan_SamusPosted 4/15/2010 2:52:36 PM
Your SP will of course get better and you will see yourself being able to use phoenix smash quite a bit more often.

Don't listen to that fruitcake. He's crazy. 2 con 1 str is the best way to go about it because, like you said, with the Power Of Blood skill, your raw attack power will increase as your HP does.

Now putting a few points into INT may seem like a good idea.. But in the long run, you will eventually have all the SP you need, and those few points you tossed out in the beginning will really come back to bite you in the ass.
#5Ub3r1337h4xXPosted 4/16/2010 2:05:49 AM
lol calling others fruitcakes when you clearly dont know nothing.. ;/ full str to 30 then restat to full con and max out the blood passive.
---
"I Can't Stoop To That Level Of Noobness." - Skellitorman.
#6MistermugglesPosted 4/16/2010 6:34:05 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7MistermugglesPosted 4/16/2010 6:35:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8MistermugglesPosted 4/16/2010 6:36:00 AM
@ Tucan - my build has worked for me with no problems obviously it seems like it can be improved so I'll try that blood and Con build out, but don't make a habit of trying to sound alknowing - that just makes you sound ignornant. Good for you glad you're so awesome, now stop projecting your insecurites on others through forums.

And Incarnation is far from a waste its time effective and I drop end game mobs in hell mode in 4 hits when Incarnation is cooling down. Now if I can out dmg my current build with con and blood then of course I'm willing to try it out.
#9hannwaters(Topic Creator)Posted 4/18/2010 3:34:24 PM
@Mistermuggles:

Just as a side note, not entirely sure maxing Leather of the Wild Animal (if thats its name, blanking on it currently) is a smart investment of 10 skill points. It only adds up to 10% defense increase compared to someone like Morpice, whom gets 20% max defense with a similar skill. Given that your Con will be jacked up, I would maybe argue that you the 10% defense is unnecessary given your higher hp pool.

Not positive, but just a thought to consider if there may be a better usage of those 10 skill points.
---
#10natal_angelPosted 4/19/2010 1:20:06 AM
believe me you can make through the game withou putting a single point on sp with daza...his barehand is his most lethal weapon..whenever i use skills i try to mob the enemies so i can damage all of them at the same time..a lvl 60 warrior here and dishing out some serious ass whoopin...cant wait to try it on PvP..