KOFXIII arcade stick art

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters XIII
  3. KOFXIII arcade stick art
5 years ago#1
So I recently bought a HRAP (Hori Real Arcade Pro for those who don't know) for the 360, and I intend to mod it and put my own KOFXIII art on it. Originally wanted to take that really cool looking poster art that I had seen in videos and put on this stick but after 5 minutes of working on it I'm not sure it's going to work out. You see though I don't exactly hate Ash, I really don't want him on my stick. So I tried removing him and placing art of Terry there instead.

Here's a pic of what I got so far:

Ofcourse there is a gap between Terry and the poster art that seems odd but I think that's something I can fix. My main concern is the poster art comes from a magazine scan and looks a bit faded and I'm not so sure I can make it look like Terry belongs next to it.

So basically I'm asking everyone's opinion on what I got so far. Do you like my idea? Or should I give up and try something else? Also, if anyone has any links to official KOF art that they think would look better I'm willing to take a look.

And thanks to Number for posting a link to those magazine scans that I got the poster art from.
5 years ago#2
It would look fine without Terry...that way the art would only be on the joystick side and not intrude on the buttons
5 years ago#3
While it would look mostly fine without Terry the main reason I put him there was to try to fill that weird shaped hole that removing Ash leaves. I have plenty of time to do this though since it will be a long while before I can afford the parts I need for the mod I want to do, so I can explore a lot of options first.
5 years ago#4
mamtou, I can help make it look really good.
5 years ago#5
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
5 years ago#6
If that's an offer to do it for me, thanks but no thanks. While 2D art is not my strongest point I did not get a degree in computer animation to have others do this sort of thing for me. Besides, to me it's all about adding a personal touch to it and it simply won't do if others do it for me. All I'm really looking for is some suggestions and opinions.
5 years ago#7
I respect that. I'm going got a degree in Game Design myself. How about you change the original color scheme. Maybe even get a custom font from dafont.com and add your gamer pseudonym to it?
5 years ago#8
Those are some ideas. For now I'm going to remove Terry and find or make a background that I can blend into the poster art well. I'm also gonna try making an alternate one that has the individual character arts for the characters I know I'm going to use most and I'll see what I like best. I'll also be putting the KOFXIII logo somewhere, but haven't decided where yet. As for the color scheme I'm thinking of a blue and green theme. I already have a transparent blue bubbletop for the stick and I'm thinking I'll want the first six buttons to be transparent blue and the last 2 transparent green. To be on the safe side though I'm going to make sure my final art is done before I go ordering buttons.
5 years ago#9
I suggest taking Terry out and putting a white background with the other image you have. Plain and simple, just like my MadCatz SF IV arcade stick. Just red, black, white and a logo.
5 years ago#10
I recommend getting rid of the picture entirely and putting a picture of me on there. That way, you have a true professional and all around great person always staring at you as you play fighting games.

1. Boards
  2. The King of Fighters XIII
  3. KOFXIII arcade stick art

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived