IMO, KOF XIV is going to be a Dream Match title.

#1Shinobi120Posted 12/11/2011 2:29:39 PM
IMO, if anything, KOF XIV is going to be another Dream Match title, & a true one, unlike KOF XII in which there were only 22 characters with no official teams or an end boss at all like both KOF '98 & KOF 2002 (or KOF '98: Ultimate Match & KOF 2002: Unlimited Match).

I said this because KOF XIII is the last chapter for the Ash Crimson Saga after KOF 2003, & KOF XI. I get the feeling that it won't be released until on like, KOF's 20th Anniversary, which will be on 2014. That'll give SNK Playmore enough time to work on more characters & battlegrounds who have appeared on both KOF 2003 & KOF XI, including Chris, Yashiro, Shermie, & Omega Rugal.

Not only that, but by having KOF XIV being a dream match title, it'll make things much more easier for SNK Playmore to bring back certain characters for KOF XV, since most of the characters from both KOF XIII & KOF XIV have already been re-drawed (except of course, for characters like Ash Crimson & Saiki).

What are your opinions about it?
#2YermomHoudiniPosted 12/11/2011 5:08:59 PM
unless they use 3d sprite instead of hand drawn, it will take them forever to finish a dream match game with all the cast.
---
If you call out a company for blatantly ripping you off, you're a whiner!
If you accept being ripped off, you're a witless tool! - TheTunaTastesFishy
#3Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 5:25:18 PM(edited)
^They're not going to use 3D sprites. Plus they've already done 3D KOF games with Maximum Impact. Shouldn't take a lot longer than 2 years to have at least 20 more characters or so, etc.
#4YermomHoudiniPosted 12/11/2011 5:41:37 PM
maybe I just don't see it from economic point of view.

veterans don't want it 3D because maximum impact was horrible, but SNK actually did the hand drawn from the 3D model (we saw k's and mai's WIP screen shot for this). the 3D model actually looks just like the hand drawn sprites. work is already done.

the work to build a 3D model is definitely less than doing hand drawn because once you have the character model and bone file, you just need to move the skeleton to get a new pose.

I can definitely see that hand drawn time will not be faster than designing and animate the rest of the cast in 3D, and we are talking about a huge list of cast

bosses (rugal,adel,orochi,goenitz,zero,krizalid)
orochi team
old man's team (heidern, saisyu, takuma already done)
american team (boxer, football guy, basketball guy)
97 team
various return characters for girls' team
2k1 team (foxy, angel, k9999)
various characters that showed up in 4 people teams.

right now snk isn't considering 3D, but that doesn't mean they won't change their mind for dream match if it isn't economic viable to remain stubborn.

kof 13 is awesome game, but it can't do as well as ssf4ae, eventually snk has to think about whether development cost vs return on investment ratio is worth it to keep it 2D
---
#5Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 6:24:48 PM(edited)
YermomHoudini posted...
right now snk isn't considering 3D, but that doesn't mean they won't change their mind for dream match if it isn't economic viable to remain stubborn.

kof 13 is awesome game, but it can't do as well as ssf4ae, eventually snk has to think about whether development cost vs return on investment ratio is worth it to keep it 2D

I highly doubt that they're going to give up 33+ character remade sprites in which it took them months &/or years to make after just 2 games just for 3D. 3D just won't work unless it's Street Fighter, & besides, the main KOF games have always been in 2D, from KOF '94 to KOF XIII.

If they want another 3D game, they'll just do Maximum Impact 3.
#6YermomHoudiniPosted 12/11/2011 6:46:56 PM
if you ever saw kof xiii wip, k' and mai 3d model looks just like the sprites in the game except they weren't colored.

if they simply made a game with the same 3d model with correct texture, I bet you won't even see the difference.
---
#7Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 3:46:29 PM
They're not going to use 3D models. Period.
#8ciraMegaSPosted 12/16/2011 8:15:23 AM
That's what you think, but sooner or later, they will have to.
---
Black
#9brinetoldPosted 12/17/2011 11:23:17 AM
If they gave up and went down that "silly" road, that would be 3D I'm talking about, I would not be looking forward for KoFXIV. Sooner or later, they have to come back with HD (if the if happened)

Guess, I'm all alone in this one.

HD forever~!
---
"Mr. Sakazaki, there is no punching in the patients rooms!" Takuma FTW! Pokemon Black FC: 4942 4960 0604
#10Shinobi120(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 6:26:34 PM(edited)
brinetold posted...
If they gave up and went down that "silly" road, that would be 3D I'm talking about, I would not be looking forward for KoFXIV. Sooner or later, they have to come back with HD (if the if happened)

Guess, I'm all alone in this one.

HD forever~!

Exactly. You're not alone in this, either. :) They're not going with 3D models at all.