Just beat the entire light world..

#1Relient_DPosted 7/12/2012 4:02:18 PM
Including cotton alley, 938 deaths, no swears.

I'm sure someone has done it in way less, but I'm proud. I got 100% completion before but I'm playing through again for fun.

What's your greatest accomplishment in this game? Mine is either any of the above, or beating 5-20x blind, first try. After hearing so much about it, I was very apprehensive, but I got incredibly lucky somehow. Probably won't happen this time.
#2Inuyasha1357Posted 7/25/2012 10:20:03 PM
My greatest achievement in the game was done on the Steam version. I did a no death run of Rapture. The achievement is called Maggot Boy. It took me an insane amount of tries and planning.
---
A turtle creeps, sleeping beauty sleeps. - Akira
Games that I currently play all the time: SSBM, Magic 2012, MK WII
#3GiantCherryPosted 7/29/2012 10:51:30 AM
Going through the light world (including bosses) until I died at some point. Getting to level 5-11 is my record.

Or my spot on Teh Internets levels leaderboards. The leaderboards of the normal levels is just too poluted with impossible (read: cheated) times...
#4Inuyasha1357Posted 7/30/2012 7:56:03 PM
Just today I did the salt factory dark world without dying, and that is my new best accomplishment. I might just have to try beating your record, GiantCherry. Have you already done most of the iron man runs from the pc version?
---
A turtle creeps, sleeping beauty sleeps. - Akira
Games that I currently play all the time: SSBM, Magic 2012, MK WII
#5PurestProdigyPosted 7/30/2012 9:35:13 PM
I got ranked 11th on a level.

Also congrats on less than 1k deaths. That's no easy feat don't let anyone sweat you on it.

But I've seen a run where they go from the beginning all the way to Dr. Fetus without dying. And they did it fast as hell. Certainly made my accomplishments in this game feel insignificant.
---
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[|||||||||||||]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
#6GiantCherryPosted 7/31/2012 2:13:19 AM
Inuyasha1357 posted...
Just today I did the salt factory dark world without dying, and that is my new best accomplishment. I might just have to try beating your record, GiantCherry. Have you already done most of the iron man runs from the pc version?

I haven't since my PC sucks so bad I can't play SMB without having a framerate of about 10 or less. Well, only the first levels, but as soon as more blades and stuff get on the screen it's unplayable. The worlds I have completed without dying (ON XBOX) are: Chapters 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 light world. And 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 dark world. I never even tried to beat Cotton Alley without dying, because that just seems next to impossible. The suffering I would go through doesn't weigh up against the accomplishment when finally beating it.

Beating I Wanna Be The Guy blind on Hard mode and then beating it on Very Hard Mode again helps you gaining some patience/persistence to keep going in this game :)
#7GiantCherryPosted 7/31/2012 2:16:54 AM
Maybe beating The Guy warpzone without dying is a great accomplishment of me too... :P