Still worth getting?

#1saff369Posted 7/19/2012 5:12:45 PM
Looking into purchasing a Xbox Live arcade game and was wondering if this game is still worth the 15 bucks
#2BlarggPosted 7/21/2012 7:21:51 PM
It's still the best game on XBLA hands down.
---
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
#3Inuyasha1357Posted 7/25/2012 9:17:05 PM
Yes, this game is incredible. I come back to play it very frequently.
---
A turtle creeps, sleeping beauty sleeps. - Akira
Games that I currently play all the time: SSBM, Magic 2012, MK WII
#4GiantCherryPosted 7/29/2012 9:53:27 AM
The game I must have spent most hours in years, the joy I got from playing this hasn't been tipped by any other game yet I think. Awesome game, awesome replay value.
#5Xenesis XenonPosted 7/30/2012 4:08:45 AM
Yup.

It's still some of the best value for money on the platform.
---
www.warsworldnews.com - Wars World News - The most chilled AW community on the web.
#6ThePhilatronPosted 8/16/2012 10:49:21 AM
ABSOLUTELY. No question
#7gamezrochardPosted 8/31/2012 7:55:32 PM
I don't see what could depreciate it's value. It's always been "worth" it.
---
Quoting the Topic Creator's original post is stupid and redundant.
I'm here for intelligent arguments or flaming. It's your job to decipher which.
#8AshburnPosted 9/1/2012 12:51:40 PM
Totally worth it. I just started playing again, and forgot how much rage, but also sweet, sweet satisfaction this game can bring.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag: NovaMage1981
FCs: Excitebots 2793 7866 9704 Name: Nova
#9Hungry_Homer111Posted 9/5/2012 3:46:05 PM
If you like platformers, and don't mind some frustration, then absolutely. Not only is the core gameplay a lot of fun and very well designed, it also has a surprising amount of content and replay value for a downloadable game. Not to mention the fact that they are still supporting the game through "Teh Internets," which is basically gives you a new world to play through every few months, for free, without having to take up extra space on your harddrive. There may be times when you take breaks from the game, either from frustration, or just because it's a long game and you want to focus on other games, but it is a game that will keep you coming back for more.
#10bleeding_violetPosted 9/15/2012 9:27:41 AM
Hungry_Homer111 posted...
If you like platformers, and don't mind some frustration, then absolutely. Not only is the core gameplay a lot of fun and very well designed, it also has a surprising amount of content and replay value for a downloadable game. Not to mention the fact that they are still supporting the game through "Teh Internets," which is basically gives you a new world to play through every few months, for free, without having to take up extra space on your harddrive. There may be times when you take breaks from the game, either from frustration, or just because it's a long game and you want to focus on other games, but it is a game that will keep you coming back for more.

I didn't realize they were still making more levels through teh internets, I've got to start playing this game again. And as far as it being worth 1200 points? Yes it would have been worth it for a full 40 to 60 dollar release on a disc as well.

This game is about as good if not better than a platforming game with absolutely perfect control can and should be. I love Super Mario Bros as well but it might not have anything as good as Super Meat Boy in terms of level design and perfect controls. Its also a very difficult game but NOT in a bad way. If you want a perfect platformer and a real challenge as well this is the game all others should aspire to be more like.