Skyscraper Level 2 - What am I doing wrong?

#1rhuntPosted 7/29/2012 2:46:42 AM
I am completely stuck on the second level of Skyscraper and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction - just after the circular saw blades there's a section where you have to leap over some horizontal spikes and then wall jump up to a ledge with some vertical spikes at your back. Even though I'm pushing hard right I wall jump into those spikes - ALMOST EVERY TIME! Every now and again I will make it but I can't figure out what I'm doing differently.

Anyone have any tips for this section? Should I be sprinting/not sprinting while jumping, should I be sliding up or down the wall when I jump, etc? It's gotten to the point where I can get to this part without dying every time but I just can't figure out what I'm getting wrong and it's driving me a little crazy!
---
GT: Capricious Kiwi
#2GiantCherryPosted 7/29/2012 10:46:42 AM
You MUST hold sprint. If you're not holding the sprint-button, you'll jump too far away from the wall when walljumping, resulting you jumping into those spikes on the wall left of you, Just hold sprint, jump from the wall while holding -> (+ sprint-button of course) and you'll be fine.
#3rhunt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 12:10:18 PM
Thanks - I'll give this a go tonight. I could have sworn that's what I was doing, but maybe my finger is twitching on the trigger when I re-hit the jump button.
---
#4GiantCherryPosted 7/30/2012 4:13:24 AM
Oh and one more note: I've played this game with my other controller too. They're both the exact same controllers, but with one of them this jump was impossible. I don't know why, but with one controller it worked just fine. So if it still doesn't work, try fetching some other controller, from yourself or borrow one from a friend or something. Hope this helps if you still can't get the jump right...

Long story short, the controller might be the problem...
#5rhunt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 4:39:50 AM
Yep, I'm beginning to suspect the controller as well - I can make this jump 1 time in 5 at best and I'm certain I'm doing it the exact same way every time (holding down sprint while pushing hard right). If I hold both the analog stick and the D-pad to the right I seem to make the jump more often but not reliably enough to do it twice in a row for the bandage.

I think I may just give up soon - thanks for trying to help. At least I know now I'm not doing anything obviously wrong.
---
#6rhunt(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 4:57:59 AM
Well whaddya know - just tried with my horipad turbo controller and made the jump four times in a row - just need to master the last level and I'm home free! Wish I'd thought of that a week ago :-/

Thanks again for your help - you definitely put me on the right track.
---
#7GiantCherryPosted 7/30/2012 6:15:38 AM
Glad I could help :)