Skyscraper Level 2 - What am I doing wrong?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Super Meat Boy
  3. Skyscraper Level 2 - What am I doing wrong?

User Info: rhunt

rhunt
4 years ago#1
I am completely stuck on the second level of Skyscraper and am hoping someone can point me in the right direction - just after the circular saw blades there's a section where you have to leap over some horizontal spikes and then wall jump up to a ledge with some vertical spikes at your back. Even though I'm pushing hard right I wall jump into those spikes - ALMOST EVERY TIME! Every now and again I will make it but I can't figure out what I'm doing differently.

Anyone have any tips for this section? Should I be sprinting/not sprinting while jumping, should I be sliding up or down the wall when I jump, etc? It's gotten to the point where I can get to this part without dying every time but I just can't figure out what I'm getting wrong and it's driving me a little crazy!
GT: Capricious Kiwi

User Info: GiantCherry

GiantCherry
4 years ago#2
You MUST hold sprint. If you're not holding the sprint-button, you'll jump too far away from the wall when walljumping, resulting you jumping into those spikes on the wall left of you, Just hold sprint, jump from the wall while holding -> (+ sprint-button of course) and you'll be fine.

rhunt
4 years ago#3
Thanks - I'll give this a go tonight. I could have sworn that's what I was doing, but maybe my finger is twitching on the trigger when I re-hit the jump button.

GiantCherry
4 years ago#4
Oh and one more note: I've played this game with my other controller too. They're both the exact same controllers, but with one of them this jump was impossible. I don't know why, but with one controller it worked just fine. So if it still doesn't work, try fetching some other controller, from yourself or borrow one from a friend or something. Hope this helps if you still can't get the jump right...

Long story short, the controller might be the problem...

rhunt
4 years ago#5
Yep, I'm beginning to suspect the controller as well - I can make this jump 1 time in 5 at best and I'm certain I'm doing it the exact same way every time (holding down sprint while pushing hard right). If I hold both the analog stick and the D-pad to the right I seem to make the jump more often but not reliably enough to do it twice in a row for the bandage.

I think I may just give up soon - thanks for trying to help. At least I know now I'm not doing anything obviously wrong.

rhunt
4 years ago#6
Well whaddya know - just tried with my horipad turbo controller and made the jump four times in a row - just need to master the last level and I'm home free! Wish I'd thought of that a week ago :-/

Thanks again for your help - you definitely put me on the right track.

GiantCherry
4 years ago#7
Glad I could help :)
  1. Boards
  2. Super Meat Boy
  3. Skyscraper Level 2 - What am I doing wrong?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived