How do people normally play this?

#1xlifepuzzlerxPosted 12/11/2012 1:29:47 PM
I got it a week ago or so and I don't move on to the next world until I have A+ ratings on all the light and dark stages for that world (as well as warps and bandages). Should I just play through the light world before tackling the dark stages or is this a reasonable way to play?

Also, do you need to beat all the glitch levels for the Golden God achievement?
#2BlarggPosted 12/12/2012 10:57:22 PM(edited)
You'd be better served beating the game light world then dark world. The difficulty curve is more appropriate.

And no.
---
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
#3bleeding_violetPosted 12/16/2012 9:15:50 PM
You are going to drive yourself nuts trying to beat everything in each world before moving on to the next. You can get away with that for the first two worlds maybe BUT its almost like the light world is easier to just run through and builds up how good you get at this game setting you up to be better in the dark world. Some of the dark world levels aren't too much harder than their light world counterparts but most are at least twice as difficult.

That being said I like jumping around and trying all the levels when I get frustrated with one I move on to another and come back to it later and beat it easier. I hope you have fun with this game.
#4xlifepuzzlerx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2012 3:42:19 PM
It took a few days for any responses so I carried on the way I was going. I've got 100% on the first three worlds, light and dark, and have beaten all of light and dark world 4. I just need to get a few more bandages. I also have A+ rankings on all of them.

I kind of appreciate the spike in difficulty going to the dark world and it seems to make the next light world seem quite simple in comparison. It's a great feeling to first see a level and just be like "This is impossible" only to completely destroy it a few minutes later.

I've also been basically rushing through every level as fast as possible from the first attempt. I dunno if this is recommended, but I seem to be doing alright so far.
#5BlarggPosted 12/17/2012 3:54:05 PM
It's designed to be trial and error to a great extent, so that's about as good a strategy as any.
---
"Obviously something isn't right. But if ignorance is bliss, would you rather smile or fight? ...Well, I'll take fight."
#6BlueRunway05Posted 12/18/2012 6:14:31 PM
I just got this game today. It would be better for you to just play the light world first then the dark world. I'm getting frustrated with collecting the Dark World's bandage.
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#7xlifepuzzlerx(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 8:25:39 PM
Okay, so I've got 100% light/dark world for the first three worlds and am missing the one bandage in dark world 4 that you can't get with Meat Boy. I just unlocked the Skyscraper and The Guy warps... I might just change my tune.
#8BlueRunway05Posted 12/27/2012 2:41:08 PM
Nooooo! Not the The Guy warp! That level is brutal...
---
Water-It's good for you!-- Hard games are fun... Yes, you, Dark Souls.
#9BlarggPosted 12/31/2012 11:08:50 AM
I spent more time on Skyscraper, if only due to the lives limitation.
---
#10xKryptonKnightxPosted 12/31/2012 10:26:24 PM
Regarding the glitch worlds, you don't have to beat them but they DO add to your overall percentage. I got the achievement and my overall progress was 103% even though I only had 97% of the dark world levels done. So that extra 3% made up for the remaining dark levels I had to do (thank goodness).
---
Beware the fury of a patient man.
GT: xMarvel Knightx
More topics from this board...
About Golden GodDarthzzzz27/9 4:28PM