P2 with no MP?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. P2 with no MP?
3 years ago#1
I did not get this game when it first came out because of the MP feature. I just don't do MP and I felt like I would be paying for a full game and only being able to play half of it (unless there is a way to do the MP with a bot).

Another thing that bothered me was the length of the game (SP about 10 hours?) and very little replay value on SP.

Anyway, with the price having gone down I'm watching this again.

If you only play the SP, is P2 still worth the current price? $30. Or should I wait for it to go on sale?

Thanks.
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
3 years ago#2
I also don't play the multiplayer, though I'd be willing to try if I find a good partner around these parts. I bought the game for when it was 50% off, around $15.00, and I don't regret my purchase. The single-player campaign is longer than the first game's, and maintains Valve's high standards of level design and storytelling.

Personally, I'd say if you're not in a hurry to play the game, wait until the summer or Christmas sales, when it'll almost certainly go on sale. I can understand if someone feels the single-player side of the game doesn't justify the current price.
3 years ago#3
It was fully worth the original $50, even for just the single player mode.
I'm always looking for people to play co-op with.
PM me if you want to add me.
---
This is the sig that goes under the post, this is the post, so this is where it goes
Official Lead Safety Astronaut of the NDF
3 years ago#4
The game was just dropped to $19.99 and is currently on sale for $9.99, which is most certainly worth the price.
3 years ago#5
ufdm posted...
The game was just dropped to $19.99 and is currently on sale for $9.99, which is most certainly worth the price.

YES! I'm getting it! Thanks, I would have missed this since it ends Thursday and I generally don't check STEAM except on the Weekends!

Yes! I finally have a reason to stop playing Skyrim!
---
I'm glad your opinion differs from mine. What a boring place this world would be if it didn't.
3 years ago#6
i loved the SP, but MP is amazing in it's own right.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/hungoverontues
Good videos of my stuff
3 years ago#7
Well I beat the SP in 11 hours.

Replay value on this game (just like the first one) is completely nil. Maybe try to get some achievements, but I've never been into those anymore (kinda like catching all the pokemon).

Well for $10 it was worth it. I hate there is no way to do the MP with a NPC bot, but oh well.
---
3 years ago#8
Burhenn63 posted...
Well I beat the SP in 11 hours.

Replay value on this game (just like the first one) is completely nil. Maybe try to get some achievements, but I've never been into those anymore (kinda like catching all the pokemon).

Well for $10 it was worth it. I hate there is no way to do the MP with a NPC bot, but oh well.

My 100 hours in the game says otherwise.
---
This is the sig that goes under the post, this is the post, so this is where it goes
Official Lead Safety Astronaut of the NDF
3 years ago#9
I like this game but you sir are a bit of an anomaly.
---
-sig-
3 years ago#10
You can play the coop camplaign on your own, you just have to set up a button to switch between characters using this guide: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22094723#post22094723

I don't believe any of the chambers or DLC are so tight on time you can't do them by switching with the button. You won't get achievements with this method as the method requires turning the developer console on but you can still do everything (though you have to transition to the next chapter manually using console commands).
---
"An RTFM error has occurred. Please try again later"
- Me
  1. Boards
  2. Portal 2
  3. P2 with no MP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived