Blacksmithing Master Components

#1pandaboschPosted 2/13/2012 12:26:56 AM
I was just wondering if there are vendors you can buy master components from (or the highest tier of components you can buy). This is do to my own laziness and impatience with salvaging my junk. Just wondering thanks in advance.
#2JomsvikingPosted 2/13/2012 2:05:12 AM

I think there is a Tier above master, It's called Flawless, only ever found two flawless components so... One of them gives 25% poison resistance, the other a ton of poison damage.

as for your question, i've only seen greater components for sale, and only up to azurite quality so far. But i've yet to visit the big city in the desert.

#3CovenantPosted 2/13/2012 2:21:35 AM
Flawless components are easy to get, for the most part.

Make a Mastercrafted item with a pristine gem (use the basic second component, skip third and fourth components), salvage it, and you'll have a chance of getting a Flawless component with the gem's effect. If you're looking for a specific component, make an item that uses it as the secondary component since that is the most commonly salvaged.

So far I've used this method to make...

7% crit chance rivets
15%/25 life steal hilt
25 piercing hilt
#4JomsvikingPosted 2/13/2012 2:24:41 AM

Covenant posted...

Make a Mastercrafted item with a pristine gem (use the basic second component, skip third and fourth components), salvage it, and you'll have a chance of getting a Flawless component with the gem's effect. If you're looking for a specific component, make an item that uses it as the secondary component since that is the most commonly salvaged.

7% crit chance rivets
15%/25 life steal hilt
25 piercing hilt

Thats very useful info! i'll use that when i'm gonna make my god tier items : p

#5pandabosch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 11:21:11 AM
That is useful thanks. But it is also time consuming and I'm just wondering if I can buy the best components instead of salvaging for them.
#6CovenantPosted 2/13/2012 10:47:33 PM
That is useful thanks. But it is also time consuming and I'm just wondering if I can buy the best components instead of salvaging for them.

Make gem, make item with gem, save, salvage, reload if you don't get what you want.

It doesn't take long.

You know what does take long? Transferring properties from one component to another. If I were to take my 7% crit rivets and make a dagger out of them, I could get a 7% binding out of it by salvaging. Very rarely.
#7pandabosch(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 11:19:34 PM
Dude I never find good bindings. The last couple of components seem rare to salvage and that saddens me.
#8CovenantPosted 2/14/2012 10:44:54 AM
Dude I never find good bindings. The last couple of components seem rare to salvage and that saddens me.

Animals (antelopes, crabs, etc) can drop 5% crit bindings which are about as good as anything else you'll find.
#9CovenantPosted 2/14/2012 12:50:58 PM
You can also buy +14% damage bindings. I found them in the House of Valor armor shop.
#10NetmanQPosted 2/14/2012 1:05:10 PM
Covenant posted...

7% crit chance rivets
15%/25 life steal hilt
25 piercing hilt

Tried it for 50 times. I wanna get flawless flamed hilt but all i can get is master. But yes the gem really becomes a hilt after salvaging.