The ending and Alyn Shir? *Spoilers*

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  3. The ending and Alyn Shir? *Spoilers*
4 years ago#1
Am I supposed to take her threat seriously? I mean, should I regard her as a genuine threat to my character who killed Balor and Tirnoch single-handedly? My character, who would be insulted to be called a one man army given how laughably incompetent and ineffective any army shown in game is?

C'mon, devs. She's never shown to be any kind of threat. She's never shown to be menacing or capable of inflicting harm upon anyone except a single unarmed gnome, whom she killed off screen.

The only way I could conceive of her killing the main character would have been if she left him to die or killed him during the post-Tirnoch coma he was in.

Also, why would Tirnoch need to be kept a secret, since I ****ing killed it? Really, what's the harm in the story getting out "yeah, the hero of Mel Senshir killed Gadflow and killed the Tuatha god Tirnoch [that everyone knows by name since the Tuatha shout it a billion ****ing times], who took the form of a dragon!"?

This is just like an extra thick layer of herp icing on a derp cake. I seriously could have put up with all of the other pap they expect us to swallow and chalked it up to yet more fantasy tropes on parade to enable a game, but this just breaks the camel's back.
---
I believe in Artemis Hound & John Magnum
The heroes 215 deserve.
4 years ago#2
She was shown to be someone with a shady past ever sicne she was introduced in the very beginning. Do you really believe she's incapable of sneaking into whatever inn you're staying in at night and slitting your throat?
---
Love is the king of the beasts, and when it gets hungry it must kill to eat.
4 years ago#3
NicoGrimm posted...
Do you really believe she's incapable of sneaking into whatever inn you're staying in at night and slitting your throat?

Yes, I do. It would entail a competence she has not displayed or earned an assumption that she possesses.
---
The heroes 215 deserve.
4 years ago#4
I found her "threat" to be laughable as well.

"Hey, dude with no pre-determined destiny who can bend fate to his will. Good work single-handedly defeating an entire army of immortal zealots, killing their castle-sized cyclops, and defeating the ageless dragon-god while I waited around and did absolutely **** all. But hey, you'd better watch it because I'll kill you if you tell anyone that the thing you just killed existed at one point. Yeah... like... just watch it."

Women.
---
Like I said, trolling this isn't. He's taking it too far and it's getting quite annoying. - jubjub360
4 years ago#5
Dragoon Andrew posted...
NicoGrimm posted...
Do you really believe she's incapable of sneaking into whatever inn you're staying in at night and slitting your throat?

Yes, I do. It would entail a competence she has not displayed or earned an assumption that she possesses.

Yeah, but your character still has to sleep sometime.

Still, I was pretty annoyed by that conversation.
4 years ago#6
Avierra posted...
Yeah, but your character still has to sleep sometime.

Sure, but how's she going to get the drop on him? She's just not shown to be that good.
---
The heroes 215 deserve.
4 years ago#7
But, she's not shown to be ANYTHING. None of the NPC are. Lack of info does that mean that they arent capable of things.
---
Love is the king of the beasts, and when it gets hungry it must kill to eat.
4 years ago#8
I enjoyed this immensely.
A++, would lol again.
---
Lose = Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
Loose = GameFAQS Def: To fail to win, to lose a match.
4 years ago#9
I found it pretty funny as well but I just filed it under the "all bark, no bite" department.

I mean seriously woman,you won't get close enough to BLEED on me, much more do anything resembling an attack if I thought you treasonous.
---
Renegade109: "Uh..I'm gonna have to disagree for reasons which I can't be bothered elaborating upon.
*Drinks Ice Tea* "
4 years ago#10
NicoGrimm posted...
But, she's not shown to be ANYTHING.

That's the entire point. I can sit and watch her wail ineffectively against enemy NPCs when the game forces her to tag along with me until I get bored and decide to wade in like the god of war I am and still have to kill all of the enemy NPCs who are so undamaged I cannot visually distinguish any decrease in their health bar.

I've fought bogarts who hurt me more than she's hurt enemy NPCs.

And she's the one I'm supposed to be scared of coming after me if I don't keep my big mouth shut?
---
The heroes 215 deserve.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
  3. The ending and Alyn Shir? *Spoilers*

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
A way to get rid of FOW ?Keith_I18/30 3:42AM