Mods/Cheats/Glitches

#1MEBCitadelPosted 2/23/2012 9:40:48 AM
So the reason I got this for PC is to use mods, cheats, and glitches. The same reason I play Fallout and TES on PC. I always beat these games at least twice. Once with a ridiculously expanded inventory but nothing else, and twice with mods, an expanded inventory, and other cool stuff.

Well, I can't seem to find any mods for KoA. For that matter, I can't find a way to add items or even just expand my inventory!!!! (which is all i really want). Can anyone help
---
"Every game with online has jackasses, they're the thing that brings balance to the force.........." -kylekillgannon
#2MelodicShredderPosted 2/23/2012 9:44:56 AM
http://www.cheatengine.org/
That is the only current way to mod your inventory.
Search your current inventory space, then buy a bag and search the new inventory value.
Change it to whatever you'd like but from what I hear if you have over a 1000 items you crash or something.

As for "mods" the devs had suggested they make make a CK (construction kit) which would allow us people who make mods for skyrim/oblivion/fallout and such to do so on this game as well. But don't get your hops up!
Happy gaming.
#3GirafficanePosted 2/23/2012 3:29:23 PM
there are some cheat trainers out there, you know activate, start game, press key, get cheat,well the 2 that I found where corrupted or a virus and the others need you to sign up to the site that wanted your money,anyone else find these.
#4MelodicShredderPosted 2/23/2012 6:30:20 PM
That because they are mostly fake... and all a trainer does is change a certain value in the game just like cheat engine does.
The problem with trainers and this game is that alot of the values change on game startup.
So making a trainer for certain things would be alot more challenging.
#5GirafficanePosted 2/23/2012 6:45:06 PM
@ MelodicShredder

I thought as much I've tried the cheat engine but it doesn't like me I tried the tutorial but I guess Im alittle concerned about messing up my game,.
#6MelodicShredderPosted 2/23/2012 6:48:17 PM
Girafficane posted...
@ MelodicShredder

I thought as much I've tried the cheat engine but it doesn't like me I tried the tutorial but I guess Im alittle concerned about messing up my game,.

Make a copy of your save folder, problem solved.
The way I look at it? If you don't know that cheat engine can't mess up your game than you shouldn't be using it.
It could potentially mess up your save if you perhaps gave your self 99999 prismere locks or something. It would over fill your backpack and you would crash when you tried to sell or buy.
But giving yourself 1000 inventory space literally could not in any way mess with your save.
And even if it did it wouldn't matter if you backed up your save.