Where's the Settings file???

#1vihazurPosted 2/7/2012 11:01:36 AM

In the release version, I can't seem to find the settings file, ini, xml, etc.  No way to turn off motion blur, outside the game?  Just the in-game option to disable all post-processing.

I was hoping to be able to change 3rd-person camera distance too, but knew that was a longshot.. Anyone else find it annoying to be locked with your character blocking so much of the view?  

Why are options like this so much to ask, these days?  I know its a console port thing, but would it be that hard to add just a little more UI functionality to the PC version?!

#2FlayerSlayerPosted 2/7/2012 11:12:02 AM
I love advanced settings too... let me pick AA level, AF level, various post processing like bloom and blur, yadda yadda. I was pretty sad that this has so few options, but the game runs well at max details, so I don't really NEED to tweak it, I guess... And I'm sadly getting used to jaggies since almost every game I've played lately lacked any AA settings in the game.

I would LOVE to zoom out though. I feel like I'm watching my character instead of the battle.
#3aspohnPosted 2/7/2012 11:19:24 AM
There was a lot said about the camera after the demo. If you look on the official forums for the game the devs are talking about a patch very soon to allow tweaking of the distance and even the weird delay the camera is on to auto adjust.
#4aspohnPosted 2/7/2012 11:22:24 AM
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2485-Your-feedback!-(particularly-camera)&p=51245#post51245)http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2485-Your-feedback!-(particularly-camera)&p=51245#post51245
#5vihazur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2012 11:05:38 AM

I hate when they promise to patch stuff like this.  I'll be done with the game by then.  Something as basic as a few settings should have been in when the game released.

I'm really not feeling immersed by this game, but I can't tell if the gameplay is lacking in some way, or if its just because my damn character is blocking my view all the time.