Where's the Settings file???

#1vihazurPosted 2/7/2012 11:01:36 AM

In the release version, I can't seem to find the settings file, ini, xml, etc.  No way to turn off motion blur, outside the game?  Just the in-game option to disable all post-processing.

I was hoping to be able to change 3rd-person camera distance too, but knew that was a longshot.. Anyone else find it annoying to be locked with your character blocking so much of the view?  

Why are options like this so much to ask, these days?  I know its a console port thing, but would it be that hard to add just a little more UI functionality to the PC version?!

#2FlayerSlayerPosted 2/7/2012 11:12:02 AM
I love advanced settings too... let me pick AA level, AF level, various post processing like bloom and blur, yadda yadda. I was pretty sad that this has so few options, but the game runs well at max details, so I don't really NEED to tweak it, I guess... And I'm sadly getting used to jaggies since almost every game I've played lately lacked any AA settings in the game.

I would LOVE to zoom out though. I feel like I'm watching my character instead of the battle.
#3aspohnPosted 2/7/2012 11:19:24 AM
There was a lot said about the camera after the demo. If you look on the official forums for the game the devs are talking about a patch very soon to allow tweaking of the distance and even the weird delay the camera is on to auto adjust.
#4aspohnPosted 2/7/2012 11:22:24 AM
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2485-Your-feedback!-(particularly-camera)&p=51245#post51245)http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?2485-Your-feedback!-(particularly-camera)&p=51245#post51245
#5vihazur(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2012 11:05:38 AM

I hate when they promise to patch stuff like this.  I'll be done with the game by then.  Something as basic as a few settings should have been in when the game released.

I'm really not feeling immersed by this game, but I can't tell if the gameplay is lacking in some way, or if its just because my damn character is blocking my view all the time.

More topics from this board...
Fetch Quests?UnknownNinja8865/22 12:52AM