PC version's graphics make it the definitive version

#1Eeshaan1685Posted 2/9/2012 9:05:58 AM
Holy ****

After playing the demo on X360, I thought it's gonna be just a fable/WoW hybrid in terms of graphics. But turning them up to max setings makes it look a LOT better than the Xbox version.

I am quite impressed. Of course, it doesn't match Skyrim graphically in terms of sheer detail, lighting & all the gfx mods etc., but according to the environment & art style the devs have chosen for this game, it's extremely well done. The effort is most clearly visible on the PC version.

Can't wait tosee what mods like ENB will do for this game lol.
#2MatrixPosted 2/9/2012 9:07:48 AM
Tweaking the graphics from your ATI/Nvidia control panel makes the game look even better btw. Also some people use FXAA but I personally don't care for that.
#3Eeshaan1685(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 9:11:03 AM(edited)
Matrix posted...
Tweaking the graphics from your ATI/Nvidia control panel makes the game look even better btw. Also some people use FXAA but I personally don't care for that.

Can you enable Ambient Occlusion for thsi game via the Nvidia Inspector ? It should be supported tbh, being that this is the latest game that got released.

And I must say, the game is very well optimised as too.
#4Viper114Posted 2/9/2012 9:21:13 AM
Absolutely no problems encountered compared to the demo. No real LOD issues either. Things look fine all the way through. The only thing that bugs me is how the subtitles don't sync properly when not in conversation, they're either too slow or too fast.
---
"We are all legends...our only choice is how to end the tale."
#5Eeshaan1685(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2012 10:03:20 AM
Viper114 posted...
Absolutely no problems encountered compared to the demo. No real LOD issues either. Things look fine all the way through. The only thing that bugs me is how the subtitles don't sync properly when not in conversation, they're either too slow or too fast.

Im getting the same issue. Not a major problem at all. Overall, the game is quite good. Reminds me of Divinity II Ego Draconis, which was another underrated RPG. But IMHO it's no way the GOTY. Skyrim still seems more fun to me lol .
#6AcciniPosted 2/9/2012 10:25:49 AM
Viper114 posted...
The only thing that bugs me is how the subtitles don't sync properly when not in conversation, they're either too slow or too fast.

Ugh. I hated that.

Anyways, kudos to the devs for eeking the most out of their graphics. Tremendous job in that department. Just a shame that they used these graphics in the first place. I know they want to do an MMO in the future, but when your game currently doesn't need to render and sync with other players, there's no excuse for the kiddy graphics engine. I can only assume they went this route because they're building their MMO off all the work they've already now done for Reckoning.

It was a solid game, but its graphics are usually associated with B or C tier low budget games, and this was decidedly not a low-budget game, making me a bit sad at the lost potential, and I'm about as far from being a graphic's snob as one can be.
#7MechaNapoleonPosted 2/9/2012 10:29:14 AM
Hmm, I didn't really think the graphics were all that better on PC :-/ Sure its sharper and runs at a faster framerate, but nothing significantly better (at max).

Just feels like a good solid console-to-pc port. Modding, if it kicks off, will be the only thing that would make it the "definitive version".
#8tyrant7424Posted 2/9/2012 12:19:12 PM(edited)
The better graphics/performance is nice, like better shadows, smaller UI real estate, and of course the framerate and load times. But there's other features as well that make the PC version the best version in my opinion.

For me, it's the ability to play using a gamepad and kb/m at the same time.

I can map sustained abilities to 5-0 on my keyboard (1-4 is reserved for gamepad face buttons).

I can quicksave with F5.

I can still use the keyboard shortcut keys. Like "I" for inventory, "L" for quest log, etc.

All while still using the gamepad.

So yeah, even if the PC version of the game had zero performance/graphic advantages over the consoles, it would still be the definitive version in my book.
---
To quit is my goal!
#9KickablePosted 2/9/2012 12:47:38 PM
err how'd you fix the LOD issue? it's still complete crap for me