Making a very damaging armor and weapon set.. step by step guide

#1scionertPosted 2/17/2012 10:52:14 PM
Get your blacksmith skill to max and your sagecrafting to atleast lvl 8.

Next, you need to find one Damaging Rivet, binding or grip.
Flawless is the best, but i haven't seen one yet.
Master gives +24% damage.
To get this, you need to find an armor (not a weapon) with +24% damage on it.
Once you have the armor with +24% damage, save your game then salvage it. Reload until you get master damaging rivet, binding or grip.

Using that single "Damaging component" we need to duplicate those components into several bindings, rivets and grips.

to do this you need to craft a mitt or headdress using the Damaging component.
For the sake of this topic, i will use "Master Damaging Grip" as an example.

step **:Craft a Might Mitt using any mitt as core component, and the Master Damaging Grip as the second component. Skip all the other components including the gem.
Now for the "duplicating part"
Save your game then salvage the mitt you just crafted.
Reload until you get TWO different Master Damaging Component.
In this example, you will have a chance to get both "Master Damaging Grip" and "Master Damaging Rivet" in one salvaging.

Mitts will give you Grip and Rivets.
Headdress will give you Rivets and Bindings.

Just craft a mitt or headdress using ONE "Master Damaging Component" then salvaging it until you get TWO "Master Damaging Component"

Keep repeating that until you have enough Grip, Rivet and Bindings.
Now you can craft your armors and weapon.

Use "Master Damaging" on every Grip, Rivet or Binding.
You can choose any on the other components and Gem.
My personal choice is Fire/Ice/Lightning resistance on Linen, String and Trim.
Gem of Precision (+7% Crit) on the Utility. And Gem of Magic Resonance (+20% Elemental damage) on Epic Gem.

you will get a total of +336% Damage on Might/Finesse armor or +312% Damage +20% Elemental damage on Mage Armor. Plus the accessories.

ps. Use with caution... the game isn't as much fun if you have uber damage.
#2scionert(Topic Creator)Posted 2/17/2012 10:59:06 PM
Using this set, the highest damage that my Pure Mage has done is....

.... 296k

screenshot:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/scionert/ScreenShot_2012_02_1813_47_58.jpg

that is using Master potions and Fateshift though.
Without potions but fateshifted it's about 140k.
no potions and no fateshift is around 70k.

Total Armor/Weapon stat is:
+345% Damage
+20% Fire Damage
+2 to mage skills.
+40% Elemental Resistance.
+42% Crit Chance
#3neogeo74Posted 2/17/2012 11:59:38 PM
How long did it take you to duplicate one?
#4KebladekingPosted 2/18/2012 3:13:02 AM
Damn I wanna make this set, but Im yet to encounter armor with that high + dmg. Where did you encounter yours?
#5Optic42Posted 2/18/2012 3:31:45 AM
Or just play the game and not abuse an already broken blacksmithing system.
#6scionert(Topic Creator)Posted 2/18/2012 4:35:32 AM
Optic42 posted...
Or just play the game and not abuse an already broken blacksmithing system.

true that...
I don't actually use this set when playing. I use loot drops only.

one hitting almost everything with scepter isn't fun.
even the mark of flame can kill without detonating it... lol.

It is fun for about a couple of minutes.. then it's just isn't funny anymore.
#7CovenantPosted 2/18/2012 6:02:13 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8CovenantPosted 2/18/2012 7:35:17 AM(edited)
Apparently backstabbing somebody for 5 million damage only makes Cut Throat from the Blademaster destiny give you 10 gold. A shame, that.

Edit: Wait, no, it actually gave me one million gold. It just said +10 gold when I did it.
#9Howard_Roark_Posted 2/18/2012 10:03:46 AM
Nice tips. Generally when I really like a game (and I like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning alot) I want to squeeze the most entertainment I can get out of the get. In other words, I explore everything that can be done with the game. If exploits exist, I like to be able to say "I did it and I know how to do again". However, when it comes to actual gameplay I try to stay true to the intent of the developer. In other words, I don't use cheats or exploits to get through the game. I'm not one who will save-reload just to get some better stuff. Honestly, I don't have the patience for it. I know I am going to make a second run through this game so I'm not worried that I might be missing some fancy item. So much great stuff drops in this game that I am quite pleased with what I get on first drop. I'll try your suggestion on an old save because it sounds like it could lead to some fun.
---
"The choice is not self-sacrifice or domination. The choice is independence or dependence." --Howard Roark
#10FrozenwingsPosted 2/18/2012 12:43:40 PM
Howard_Roark_ posted...
Nice tips. Generally when I really like a game (and I like Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning alot) I want to squeeze the most entertainment I can get out of the get. In other words, I explore everything that can be done with the game. If exploits exist, I like to be able to say "I did it and I know how to do again". However, when it comes to actual gameplay I try to stay true to the intent of the developer. In other words, I don't use cheats or exploits to get through the game. I'm not one who will save-reload just to get some better stuff. Honestly, I don't have the patience for it. I know I am going to make a second run through this game so I'm not worried that I might be missing some fancy item. So much great stuff drops in this game that I am quite pleased with what I get on first drop. I'll try your suggestion on an old save because it sounds like it could lead to some fun.

That's a great attitude to have.

I'm playing two characters side by side, one with crafting and one without. One is crazy op, and one is not. Either way, this game is easy. But I'm having fun with both characters. I like collecting gems and gear, salvaging for flawless components, then trying to make the most obscene gear I can. I also enjoy not having to worry about it on my non crafting guy, and just enjoying what I get from drops.

Anyway, that is some crazy damage dude. I'll have to give it a shot.