So no romance?

#1KyerofoxPosted 2/6/2012 5:13:26 PM
Just curious, is there or is there not? I searched but all the posts were during beta and stuff.
---
PSN: Kyero X360: Kyero
99 Humanities and a Glitch ain't one. If you're having soul problems I feed bad for you son.
#2bjroe458Posted 2/6/2012 5:16:58 PM
Yes you can have an affair with your chicken and choke it!!!
#3phoenix1289Posted 2/6/2012 5:17:50 PM
There is no romance
---
I refuse to take this signature down until the
49ers win the superbowl
#4OhGoodPosted 2/6/2012 5:21:58 PM
^^

And thats the way it should be. Romance options in games are just.... unnerving.

if you like them, well thats fine. But i've never seen the interest in wanting to bone video game characters.
---
Nachos are almost always better in theory
#5nothingchangedPosted 2/6/2012 5:23:08 PM
No romance, I already have one woman to worry about.
#6phoenix1289Posted 2/6/2012 5:24:18 PM
Why does everyone always assume the only reason someone might want romance in a game is to "bone" the character. Many people (myself included) like it because it allows us to better get to know certain characters and feel immersed in the world. It has nothing to do with whether or not their is a sex scene involved.
---
49ers win the superbowl
#7nothingchangedPosted 2/6/2012 5:34:27 PM
phoenix1289 posted...
Why does everyone always assume the only reason someone might want romance in a game is to "bone" the character. Many people (myself included) like it because it allows us to better get to know certain characters and feel immersed in the world. It has nothing to do with whether or not their is a sex scene involved.

I married the miner chick in Skyrim. No date or anything, just had to wear the pendent...if only real life was this simple. Anyways, the money from the store is nice but she doesn't really do much else for the other 150 hours I played. So I want to ask, what game in your opinion does romance right?
#8will57Posted 2/6/2012 5:38:06 PM(edited)
nothingchanged posted...
phoenix1289 posted...
So I want to ask, what game in your opinion does romance right?

Really, only answer I can give is JRPGs/visual novels. But then again, most (not all) visual novels revolve around that entire theme. So as far as western games go, none at all. Although this is just my opinion.
---
Currently waiting the release of Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2 (February 28th) Atelier Meruru (May) Mass Effect 3 (March 6) and Kingdoms of Amalur (February 7th)
#9pokemondoPosted 2/6/2012 5:50:44 PM
phoenix1289 posted...

Exactly. And it's not just romance, but also developing relationships with NPCs that can make a game more immersive. Romance is just one aspect of that. One of the best parts of ME2, for example, is the ongoing dialogue with the other crew members, not just one you might want to romance. The banter between another old warrior (Garrus), the often hilarious back and forth with Mordin...these things all bring life to the characters and the world.

And, it's one of those things you can ignore if you aren't interested, but if you are it's nice to have included for the rest of us.
#10phoenix1289Posted 2/6/2012 5:51:10 PM
Personally I have always enjoyed the romance in Bioware's games. They give a nice insight into the characters and are just a nice side touch.
---
49ers win the superbowl