Anyone having unresponsive button inputs?

#1Village IdiotPosted 2/7/2012 10:32:26 PM
I've noticed that at times, the game isn't registering my button inputs.

Often, I'm standing right next to a chest or plant, and I have to keep pressing the X button before the game registers it.

I've noticed it as well during combat, where I'm not attacking after I hit square or triangle, and its getting me killed.
---
Actually, since Wedge Antilles > Carriers, and Carriers = Instant win, then it should be Wedge Antilles > Instant win. He's just that good XD -PsionicDude
#2MidgardDragon99Posted 2/7/2012 10:36:50 PM(edited)
that's not so much unresponsive buttons as it is the gameexpecting you to line up just right with the chest/plant/whatever for some reason. annoying, but not the same as the game not registering the button input itself during battle or something. as far as the combat situation you can't just rapid tap the buttons, you need to think in combos like an action game.
#3misternathanPosted 2/7/2012 10:36:31 PM
On the contrary, the response time for me is exceptional. Might be a controller or receiver issue. Possibility: I've noticed that it will finish an animation before starting the next in combat, which can feel like response lag. That's the only equivalent I've experienced thus far, and it's intentional.
360 (if that's your system, I believe it is from the mention of "A") really starts to get controller lag on something as serious as a controller or system receiver burning out, or as simple as a low battery. I play my batteries into the ground, so I've gotten the latter quite a bit.
#4Lord_Tic_TacPosted 2/7/2012 11:05:00 PM
ive noticed this as well...not durring battle but i get it alot durring conversations is when i get it. ill click on a convo option and nothing happens :/
and this is the only game i got that does this so i know it isnt my controllers
#5misternathanPosted 2/7/2012 11:08:27 PM
The dialog seems to want you to double tap. It'll select the dialogue option the first time, then the second time confirms. It could be a bug, but I assumed that was intentional to prevent accidental choices. Hm.
#6Lord_Tic_TacPosted 2/7/2012 11:12:42 PM
misternathan posted...
The dialog seems to want you to double tap. It'll select the dialogue option the first time, then the second time confirms. It could be a bug, but I assumed that was intentional to prevent accidental choices. Hm.

kinda wiered if thats the case o,.,o;;;
#7Dragon12228Posted 2/7/2012 11:32:00 PM
Conversation choices are all I've had difficulty with. May or may not be the double tap thing. I thought at first the alignment of the radial selection was playing into the lack of response. But I'm not so sure...
#8p_natePosted 2/8/2012 6:44:42 AM
It's definitely not positioning; I've had the same problem during the little quick-time event while killing enemies in the Fate mode or whatever it's called. I hit the last enemy, press X to start the event, and they give me a button prompt to boost the received XP. I hit it madly, and absolutely nothing happens. It's happened in combat, dispelling, and dialogue as well. Controller is fully charged and functions fine for any other game. There's something wrong, and I hope they fix it. It's not a game breaker for me, but it is annoying as hell.
#9hockeyhockeyPosted 2/8/2012 7:01:48 AM
This happens to me in combat all the time.

I will press the button to switch to my bow then start to attack only to still have my daggers still active.