Dispel Chest (Hard) + Unlock Chest(Hard)=

#1pokemondoPosted 2/11/2012 10:43:41 PM
Minor Healing Potion. That was worth getting cursed for!
#2Lord_Tic_TacPosted 2/11/2012 10:54:00 PM
reminds me of somethin that happend in one (cant remember witch) of the fallout games: unlock very hard door then very hard container to get...a few clutter items...
makes ya want to find a dev and punch him in the face >,.,<
#3pokemondo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/11/2012 10:56:26 PM
Lord_Tic_Tac posted...
reminds me of somethin that happend in one (cant remember witch) of the fallout games: unlock very hard door then very hard container to get...a few clutter items...
makes ya want to find a dev and punch him in the face >,.,<

"2 ruined books, tin can"
#4MidgardDragon99Posted 2/11/2012 11:13:02 PM
Yeah, it's much worse in Bethesda games. Typically in this game you at least get a potion or armor or weapon. In Skyrim or Fallout you'll end up with a scrap of paper and a single lockpick to replace the 20 you broke trying to pick a master lock.
#5ZeroJinKuiPosted 2/12/2012 12:18:57 AM
random loot can definitely be a pain in the ass, but it can also be a blessing at times.

a locked chest with a sigil seal on it = generic unenchanted weapons/armor and maybe a potion or some reagents, if even that much.

unlocked, unprotected chest = an armor piece from a set packaged with some generally nice loot.

kinda strange how that happens, you'd think set items, unique weapons, etc... would be in the harder to open chests.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#6pokemondo(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 12:22:06 AM
ZeroJinKui posted...
random loot can definitely be a pain in the ass, but it can also be a blessing at times.

a locked chest with a sigil seal on it = generic unenchanted weapons/armor and maybe a potion or some reagents, if even that much.

unlocked, unprotected chest = an armor piece from a set packaged with some generally nice loot.

kinda strange how that happens, you'd think set items, unique weapons, etc... would be in the harder to open chests.

True. But it also lessens the impetus to improve at dispelling/lockpicking/find hidden/etc..why bother if the rewards aren't commensurate to the risk?
#7Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/12/2012 1:17:16 AM

There is someone that plays an RPG and leaves chests unlooted?
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#8My_FilgaiaPosted 2/12/2012 1:33:08 AM
Personally, I've essentially given up on any warded chests until I've put some serious points into that category. It just isn't worth suffering the Curse of Face Melting of Forever for a healing potion & some generic junk greatsword. So, that loot is left untouched.
---
The sauce is weak with this one. But...if he could be churned, he would make a powerful stir-fry.
#9fat8mePosted 2/12/2012 5:29:14 AM
Just Some Person posted...
Personally, I've essentially given up on any warded chests until I've put some serious points into that category. It just isn't worth suffering the Curse of Face Melting of Forever for a healing potion & some generic junk greatsword. So, that loot is left untouched.

I do just the opposite. I find as many warded chests as I can and see how many curses I can rack up before going and getting cured. It's been my third or fourth curse so far that gives -1 to all skills that makes me get cured.
#10AtairPosted 2/12/2012 10:35:08 AM
I agree that many master locked doors and chests in Bethesda games, most recently Skyrim, hold nothing of value. However, these difficult locks help a player increase his lock picking skill, and I believe that this is the reason why they exist.

In KOA, however, opening difficult locks does not increase your skill, as you can only increase this ability by leveling up, training, or via a skill book (as far as I know). Lockpicks are cheap and easy to obtain in KOA, so I never leave a conventional lock unopened.

However, I save before opening any magical type of lock, be it very easy or very hard. I'll auto-open the chest, see what it contains, and if it explodes and I'm not cursed, I'll simply carry on. If it explodes, and I am cursed, and the chest doesn't hold anything of value to me, I'll reload and walk away. If it explodes, and I am cursed and there is something valuable in there, I'll reload and try enough times to open said container without getting cursed. I may be cheap, but so are some of the curses that one can acquire....like -2 to all skills, etc.
---
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.