"oh, the indignities" quest is pissing me off...

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 2/13/2012 6:40:31 PM
im in the gardens of ysa and decided to try some side questing... im helping squire brio figure out the order of these damn fae to meet the king.

i went around and talked to all four of them, and asked them all how they really felt, succeeding with my persuasions... though, the last one i talked to, whenery, didnt have the option to do so, and for me to double-check her preference... it took me to the usual topic list instead of the dialogue wheel after asking which order she thought they should go in.

i assumed it was because she was the last one i asked.

anyway, i learned the order they wanted to be in...

hartwen in front, setter behind her, whenery, then... gorrenet or whatever his name is... the stinky one with a lame leg.

that was the order i got from talking to them all... so when talking to brio to finish the quest, i had to choose the line up... this is where it got confusing, because it doesnt tell me whether im lining them up starting with the back, or the front...

didnt matter, i could just reload... so first i chose them in the order going from front to back... i failed.

reloaded, chose them from back to front... i failed.

now im pissed off.

WHAT THE **** ORDER SHOULD I SELECT THEM IN?!

this makes no sense, i talked to them all, got the order, tried that order twice, and i keep failing.

did they all lie, despite telling me their 'true feelings"?

im starting to wonder if this quest can even be completed, or if its just there to **** with you and give you one failed quest, no matter what.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2CthulhuDagonPosted 2/13/2012 6:43:04 PM(edited)
It's actually Setter behind Whenery like he wants to, to look at her ass. Seriously it is. I did the same thing as you thinking I shouldn't make Whenery mad, but apparently the right choice is to please Setter. ;) So it's Grand Huntress (hartwen you said?) first, the one that WANTS to be in the front and that Gorronet says to put in the front. Then the other female, Whenery, then Setter so he can get an eye full, then Gorronet in the back.

So girl, girl, guy, guy, in other words.
---
White line is in the middle of the road, that's the worst place to drive.
#3DuneManPosted 2/13/2012 6:47:14 PM
Hartwen, Whenery, Setter, and last Gorronet.

Hartwen demands to be first. Whenery says she should be first, but recognizes Hartwen will go nuts if she isn't first. Setter wants to look at Whenery's ass. Gorronet is lame, as in has trouble walking, and admits he should be last.

The persuasion checks also give you insights to the order.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#4ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2012 6:51:03 PM
figures... i got confused... i could've sworn setter said he wanted ot be behind the huntress.

guess thats what i get for not taking many breaks from this game...

also, i know i heard from lame-leg that i shouldnt put the women close to each other cause it'd cause all hell to break loose... so that also confused me.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#5ibnFalaaxPosted 2/13/2012 7:12:08 PM
that's the only quest I've needed to use the wiki for so far
#6DuneManPosted 2/13/2012 7:59:57 PM
He says that, but Whenery herself has already conceded that Hartwen should go first just to avoid the cat fight.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao