Locations to find or purchase lockpicks

#1wentouchPosted 2/14/2012 1:56:30 AM

Suggestions for the best and cheapest places to find lockpicks? Not too many are sold in stores (haven't tried sleeping yet to respawn) and apparently, lockpicks aren't found as loot in abundance. TIA.

#2MorphBallerPosted 2/14/2012 4:04:35 AM
I've definitely gotten some from the innkeepers in Gorgart and Canneroc. Just keep shopping around. I seem to have better luck from people who sell general goods, instead of a dedicated weapons or armor vendor. As for the price, I think that is only determined by your mercantile skill level.
---
3 rules to live by: 1. Don't trust whitey. 2. Always pee before sleeping. 3. All food is better in a sandwich.
#3TheSiekobillyPosted 2/14/2012 4:54:15 AM
I know for a fact Rikka sells them; 16 at a time. I'm not sure how long it takes for her stash to replenish, but 16 should last long enough for it (combined with what you find as loot).
---
PSN - Paraplegic
XBox Live - Siekobilly
#4darkknight338Posted 2/19/2012 9:19:33 PM
Star Camp's merchant also sells lockpicks. The best so far is Locksmith in Tirin's Rest. He sales 50 at a time.
---
PSN: darkknight338
Currently Playing: SRTT and Forza 4
#5Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/19/2012 10:13:16 PM
For those that don't know, the Locksmith is in a village above the word Galafor on the map.

General merchants and fences are good bets. Also if you want a merchant to reset their goods, go sleep for a few days at a house.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#6DetsuaxhePosted 2/19/2012 11:10:33 PM
I habitually check every merchant I can, and as such never have less than 50 lockpicks as a precaution, since my lockpick skill was at 1 or 2 for most of the game. Look and you will find them.
---
Where's my "Accept This Moderation with Extreme Reluctance and Resentful Glares" button?
When reading and responding to my posts, try to take it easy.