Easy Looting Tips

#1gwaposidemzPosted 4/15/2012 11:04:47 AM
For those who might not know Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning's loot system is pretty random albeit with some set items for uniques but most of the time they are dropped by random enemies. To make looting less frustrating here are some tips to make your life easier in finding the booty. Take note I will list the fastest way so the dungeon save/load method is out of the question.

Method 1
Bigger sized enemies have more chances of dropping purples and golds. The level of loot will depend on their levels. Since the level locks in an area depending on your current level and the dungeon's maximum lock out level. In this case we will assume you are at max level. Anyway enemies like Trolls, Crudoks, Golems, Banshaens and Niskaru Tyrants have good chances of dropping unique loot with the Niskaru Tyrant having the highest drop rate so aim for them. I've found 3 locations to hunt them Huarvil's Doorstep, Skoria Mine, and Castaway Cove. I recommend Skoria mine for loots level 15-28 and Castaway Cove (from the Legend of Dead Kel DLC) for loot levels of 28-39. Always save before fighting the Tyrants as they might not have the loot you want. Just load if he drops all greens and blues. Sleep for 72 Hours rinse and repeat. There are also enemy specific loot.

High level Bolgans in Alabastra drop the Bolgan King's Sword
Jottuns drop the Bolterstedge and Ouranus Maul Hammers

-Don't post yet.
---
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry
#2gwaposidemz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/15/2012 11:14:38 AM
Method 2 (DLC only)
Acquiring the Gravehal Keep scout Zefwyn Lan will net you some loot as well. He will scavenge wreckages in Gallow's End and depending on the type of ship you will get various items including loot. Do note I haven't searched all ships but here are the useful ships

Arcane Carrack- Sorcery Equipment
Traveler Sloop- Finesse Equipment
Warsworn Galley- Might Equipment

When Zefwyn starts salvaging rest for 15-24 hours go back to him and these will happen

2a) Zefwyn returns with your loot. Save in front of him get your loot. If you find something, then god if not just reload until you get what you want.

2b) Zefwyn gets chased by monsters. Go the location of the bag. Save in front of bag. Get the bag check loot. Found something go back to Zefwyn. If not reload your save until you get something.

In my experience the former method works better. But if you want specific items for your destiny this is your best bet since it filters the loot depending on the ship.

-You may post now. Any more additions and suggestions please do not hesitate.
---
#3AtairPosted 4/15/2012 11:20:55 PM
gwaposidemz posted...
....with the Niskaru Tyrant having the highest drop rate so aim for them. I've found 3 locations to hunt them Huarvil's Doorstep, Skoria Mine, and Castaway Cove.

Well, I farmed the first two locations that you listed for a bit when I first went through them, but there are no enemies in my game in Castaway's Cove. That's the place where you first set foot on Gallows End, isn't it? I didn't start the DLC until my character was at Level 40, and the only creatures that I've ever seen in Castaway's Cove are crabs, and they never drop any loot.
---
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.
#4Njp1589Posted 4/16/2012 8:15:09 AM
Atair posted...
gwaposidemz posted...
....with the Niskaru Tyrant having the highest drop rate so aim for them. I've found 3 locations to hunt them Huarvil's Doorstep, Skoria Mine, and Castaway Cove.

Well, I farmed the first two locations that you listed for a bit when I first went through them, but there are no enemies in my game in Castaway's Cove. That's the place where you first set foot on Gallows End, isn't it? I didn't start the DLC until my character was at Level 40, and the only creatures that I've ever seen in Castaway's Cove are crabs, and they never drop any loot.

I think he's referring to a sidequest that spawns a Tyrant there. If you go all the way through the "Sit on the Throne" quests in Gravehall, one of them will take you there to fight a tyrant. I had no idea it respawned.
---
WARNING: I am a mediocre gamer. Don't take what I say too seriously.
PSN: njp1589
#5AtairPosted 4/16/2012 8:45:35 AM
Njp1589 posted...
I think he's referring to a sidequest that spawns a Tyrant there. If you go all the way through the "Sit on the Throne" quests in Gravehall, one of them will take you there to fight a tyrant. I had no idea it respawned.

I guess that's the case then. I had seen two tyrants in Gallows End, the one in Gravehall and the one that some bandit was taking to Camp Solace, so I suppose that I didn't do enough "Throne" quests to encounter the one you've described.

The last "Throne" quest that I did was probably the one where you get the envoy. The next time I fire this up, I'll try some additional ones in order to see this particular Tyrant, and when and if it triggers, I'll see if it re-spawns.
---
The time when someone could have finally and forever closed shut the Flaws of Oblivion.....has long passed.
#6gwaposidemz(Topic Creator)Posted 4/16/2012 10:50:34 AM
Yeah I'm sorry if I forgot the quest of the Warsworn member of your keep is needed in order for the Niskaru Tyrant to appear. Thanks for the clarification.
---