Multiplayer?

#1sum_guy09Posted 9/22/2011 4:23:55 PM

Will this game have any multiplayer/pvp?

#2sum_guy09(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2011 10:05:58 PM

nvm... already googled it. will pass on this.

#3187umKILLAHPosted 9/22/2011 10:41:21 PM

I'm glad there will be no multiplayer for the same reason there is no multiplayer in the upcoming Skyrim, it just lessons the quality of the core of the game which is the single player experience. It's a RPG not MMO, if the developers are spending more time on the single player game then the game will be all the better for it. Besides contrary to popular belief a lot of people don't play online at all, these kind of games are perfect for them.

#4sum_guy09(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 12:35:03 AM

then they should focus more on the online experience... i'm glad you're happy with the decision, but how many good MMO games do u know of on PS3? none?... we don't need another Skyrim. there's plenty of single player games on PS3 but not nearly enuf variety for the online segment of players. it would be nice if i could play a good online game that isn't a shooter for once. everytime i see a game that looks promising like this or dragons dogma or skyrim etc etc, i find out its single player...of course! but thats fine... thats why i only play like 1 game on my ps3... at least i can look forward to my import of Dark Souls tom ;)

#5Le_DerpstickPosted 9/23/2011 1:37:30 PM
187umKILLAH posted...
I'm glad there will be no multiplayer for the same reason there is no multiplayer in the upcoming Skyrim, it just lessons the quality of the core of the game which is the single player experience. It's a RPG not MMO, if the developers are spending more time on the single player game then the game will be all the better for it. Besides contrary to popular belief a lot of people don't play online at all, these kind of games are perfect for them.

The only people who treat a lack of multiplayer in games like this and Skyrim as an absolutely good thing are people who don't have friends who'd play with them.

Multiplayer could be fantastic in free-RPG type games, it all depends on whether or not care was put into making it work properly. If you had a friend to play with you, and it played well, it'd be fantastic.

When you treat as a guarantee that it would lessen the single player experience, you're being unrealistically negative, which I can only imagine is because you don't have anyone to play it with you in the first place. In which case, why should you be bothered by the idea at all?
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/616012-tales-of-xillia/60324157/671391412 = The real Kouli. [Or it was, at least]
#6187umKILLAHPosted 9/23/2011 11:32:32 PM

[QUOTE="Le_Derpstick"]The only people who treat a lack of multiplayer in games like this and Skyrim as an absolutely good thing are people who don't have friends who'd play with them.

Multiplayer could be fantastic in free-RPG type games, it all depends on whether or not care was put into making it work properly. If you had a friend to play with you, and it played well, it'd be fantastic.

When you treat as a guarantee that it would lessen the single player experience, you're being unrealistically negative, which I can only imagine is because you don't have anyone to play it with you in the first place. In which case, why should you be bothered by the idea at all?
QUOTE]

What does having friends have to do with this? Most people who game online play with people they don't know. I'm sure if it did have multiplayer you could just group up with random people like in WoW or most other MMORPG's anyway. I never said having MP in an RPG is a bad thing, the more time they would spend on developing MP the less time would be spent on the single player, or the longer it would take to develop the game. When you treat it as if having MP is a guaranteed success your the one being unrealistically negative. You can't prove that it would be a great thing, you obviously play a lot of games online with friends - don't expect every game to have online capabilities just because you want it. Who said I was bothered by the idea?? I certainly didn't, I'm just voicing my opinion which I'm entitled to do. The only people who'd treat not having MP in an RPG as a bad thing are those too used to playing every game online all the time, there was a time not that long when no games were online.

#7Vari3tyPosted 10/6/2011 10:44:33 AM

sum_guy09 posted...

then they should focus more on the online experience... i'm glad you're happy with the decision, but how many good MMO games do u know of on PS3? none?... we don't need another Skyrim. there's plenty of single player games on PS3 but not nearly enuf variety for the online segment of players. it would be nice if i could play a good online game that isn't a shooter for once. everytime i see a game that looks promising like this or dragons dogma or skyrim etc etc, i find out its single player...of course! but thats fine... thats why i only play like 1 game on my ps3... at least i can look forward to my import of Dark Souls tom ;)

Not nearly enough variety for the online segment of gamers... lol.

#8TeepoPosted 10/6/2011 4:30:29 PM
i dont think Dark Souls is a good example of MMO RPG.. even if you just say for the multiplayer, look at the message board over there for the ps3 version, all they do boast about themselves and tear down others. It's doesn't paint a good picture of the type of people you'd encounter in a online multiplayer game, it's like one of those reason to NOT go online at all.
---
Teepo, the Dark Dragon of Destiny.
#9Le_DerpstickPosted 10/6/2011 8:26:07 PM
187umKILLAH posted...
] What does having friends have to do with this?

Learn to use the enter key, broseidon.
And friends... well, friends are who you want to show your badass character too, who can enjoy seeing it with you, and playing with you.

Most people who game online play with people they don't know. I'm sure if it did have multiplayer you could just group up with random people like in WoW or most other MMORPG's anyway.

You could, yeah, but it wouldn't be as suited to this type of game as co-op with a friend.

I never said having MP in an RPG is a bad thing, the more time they would spend on developing MP the less time would be spent on the single player, or the longer it would take to develop the game. When you treat it as if having MP is a guaranteed success your the one being unrealistically negative.

I don't think you have any idea what you just said; I didn't treat it as a guaranteed success, and that would be unrealistically positive in any case.

You can't prove that it would be a great thing

Nor can you prove it wouldn't be great.

you obviously play a lot of games online with friends

I don't, actually.

don't expect every game to have online capabilities just because you want it.

I don't particularly want it, I just know it could be enjoyable and certainly has a place in the genre, it just hasn't been explored yet.

Who said I was bothered by the idea?? I certainly didn't, I'm just voicing my opinion which I'm entitled to do.

Saying it's going to screw up the single player is being bothered by the idea.

The only people who'd treat not having MP in an RPG as a bad thing are those too used to playing every game online all the time, there was a time not that long when no games were online.

Not having MP in an RPG is a bad thing. I don't play games online all the time, in fact, I rarely do. But RPGs like this, even as they're getting more and more advanced, are still afraid to step into the MP area. It's bad that they aren't doing it, worse that they aren't even trying.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/616012-tales-of-xillia/60324157/671391412 = The real Kouli. [Or it was, at least]
#10ZingotePosted 10/24/2011 4:39:29 AM
They are currently working on an mmo set in the same world but during a different time period.
---
The Sith will have their revenge