stealth ovepowered?

#1TheTenth10Posted 12/14/2011 12:32:08 AM

in a video I've seen, a stealth guy kills about half of the enemies using stealth, so what's the point in going barbarian? or if anyone can develop stealth killing and there's just a different animation for the weapon you're using, it becomes a must have skill and the gameplay loses variety

#2SephirothSamaPosted 12/14/2011 4:11:17 AM
Well, they're not going to show you a video of someone trying to stealth and failing hard. Most of the vids I've seen of any class style have shown mass carnage that they unleash, not just the stealth class. I think when you actually get in an play the game you'll see stealth probably won't be as OP as you think. Typically, you'll probably see it most useful in small/single enemy scenarios.
---
"Then I'll put it another way. I'm clever, and you are unspeakably stupid!"- Takuan
The Official FŽanor fanboy.
#3DuneManPosted 12/14/2011 3:02:40 PM
There's multiple levels in the stealth kill ability. So if they make it so you need more points in the ability to stealth kill larger enemies, while tying that investment to needing more points invested in Finesse already, then only those that invest heavily in Finesse get that option. Remember that they have several months to tweak balance.

Maybe you'll need 50 finesse before being able to stealth kill most normal enemies. IIRC you get a total of 120 points to invest. So that at least locks you out of either the top stealth kills or any top tier destiny cards that don't split heavily with Finesse.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#42ndAtomiskPosted 12/15/2011 4:57:30 PM
TheTenth10 posted...
in a video I've seen, a stealth guy kills about half of the enemies using stealth, so what's the point in going barbarian? or if anyone can develop stealth killing and there's just a different animation for the weapon you're using, it becomes a must have skill and the gameplay loses variety

Nah, stealth is never a must have skill in an RPG. Most people probably won't do it because it takes longer to complete dungeons and such.

Other than that only daggers and faeblades have stealth kills and you need to buff your Assassins Art skill to be able to use it.

In fact in most games stealth is the hardest class to play due to your character being so squishy.
---
Virtua Fighter 5 FS coming to PSN/XBL!!
#5DuneManPosted 12/15/2011 5:01:19 PM
One nice thing about stealth here is that with enough points in Detect Hidden, you can sense the enemies and traps before you come upon them. That means you can freely sprint in safe zones and switch to stealth when you're near enemies. This minimizes the dungeon 'crawl' aspect.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
#6berserksPosted 12/16/2011 4:12:28 PM
They want people to be able to play as they please , so they ll make sure every option is a viable one . Anyway , it s not like you can play online so i don t see the problem if it s that good .
---
@zzzzzzz[]XX::::::::: KINGS-FIELD.COM ::::::::::>