How do you dispel chests? >_>

#1ArsenicOverlordPosted 2/7/2012 2:07:59 PM
It must be obvious to everybody else since the game doesn't tell you how, and I have yet to successfully dispel a single thing. >_<

Please enlighten this fool here. :(
---
Phosphorus? Pfffft, who needs 'em?
http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/348/ps3rtfmposter.jpg
#2hoagie727Posted 2/7/2012 2:09:57 PM
I also cannot figure this out.

All the game says is to press x on the glyph which I do but have never dispelled anything.
#3asher1611Posted 2/7/2012 2:13:36 PM
Hit the button as the ring passes over the glowy portions?

I suck at it though :\
#4TevrenPosted 2/7/2012 2:20:08 PM
It ran a tutorial thing the first time I encountered one. I still mamanged to make it explode all over my face though.
---
PSN: Tarqosis
#5Le_DerpstickPosted 2/7/2012 2:21:47 PM
Ya gotta hit every single rune.
They only stay hit for a limited time.
More symbols = less time that rune stays hit.

And the game does explain it.
---
As long as we're talking about attraction, I'd like to know how Mythril attracted all the mods that she's clearly f***ing for this topic to still be here. -KMA
#6ArsenicOverlord(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 2:22:44 PM
asher1611 posted...

Do you have to hit them in a certain order or something? I mean, I hit the button and all, like you said, and it still explodes and puts a curse on me and stuff. :(
---
#7Le_DerpstickPosted 2/7/2012 2:24:50 PM
ArsenicOverlord posted...
asher1611 posted...

Do you have to hit them in a certain order or something? I mean, I hit the button and all, like you said, and it still explodes and puts a curse on me and stuff. :(

Also, you can't hit certain "trap" things. The things that aren't runes cause ya to fail/cause it to explode.
---
As long as we're talking about attraction, I'd like to know how Mythril attracted all the mods that she's clearly f***ing for this topic to still be here. -KMA
#8dmljrPosted 2/7/2012 2:29:54 PM
Also if you miss, it resets so none are currently hit.
---
psn id: dmljr xbox360 id : Sword of Dawn Wii: 0186 9165 8762 2178
#9ArsenicOverlord(Topic Creator)Posted 2/7/2012 2:42:37 PM
So order doesn't matter, right? Just gotta hit them all without missing?

I guess I just have to be more careful with timing the button presses. Alright, thanks guys.
---
#10psykojuggalo98Posted 2/7/2012 2:55:27 PM
You have to make sure you hit all of them within a specific time limit. What you'll notice is that, when one is activated, a green bar begins to fill around it. Once that is full, then it becomes inactive. So, it's imperative that you activate all of them before one becomes inactive. Missing one with a poorly timed button press will have the same result.

As you get further into the game, they become more difficult. There will be upwards of three or four in a row at times. But, upgrading that skill helps a lot. You can try auto dispelling if your skill is high enough, and it works a lot.
---
www.wegotthiscovered.com - Recent Reviews: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, Puddle, SoulCalibur V, Final Fantasy XIII-2