balthasar? [minor spoilers]

#1ZeroJinKuiPosted 2/8/2012 3:23:22 PM
well, while doing the quest "the natural order" i think it was, which i got from the town east of gorhart... "didenhil" i think? or something like that.

anyway, i got to the end of the cave after killing all the jottun, and i came across some fae guy named balthasar... he seemed to think some guys names lysander or padaxes or whatever sent me to stop him... there is a giant floating book chained to the ground he was reading from.

anyway, there are two ways around him... scare him off by persuading him into thinking his two enemies allied against him, or fight him... he's pretty strong and has an army of faer gorta or whatever they're called.

i tried ending it both ways... i dont really seem to get anything special for killing him, just 200+ experience.

i also have no idea who or what he's talking about, so im tempted to let him go to see what happens.

has anyone else come across this guy, or know anything about him?

damn, its kinda frustrating when no FAQs and guides are available... hard to find answers.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo
#2jschristyPosted 2/8/2012 3:51:08 PM
I scared him off, and tried telling the quest giver about him but he doesn't seem to care about what happened. Maybe we can do something about it later? It had the feel of additional quests, but if there are none involving this guy I'll be a little disapointed.
---
SS FC: 1892 3402 3141
#3MercuryPSPPosted 2/8/2012 4:10:42 PM
I made quick work of him with my big ice hammer....after dying once ill admit lol. Playing on hard and all those additional mobs surrounded me. Just focus on him, he's pretty squishy.
---
PSN: MercuryEQ
#4ZeroJinKui(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2012 4:16:12 PM
huh, i talked to the warden about thaddeus... apparently he died while i was away since he refused to rest.

i wonder if i could've talked him into resting before leaving for that cave... damn, too late to find out, now.
---
"You think you can just come here and attack us?"
"You must be crazy, or just plain stupid!"-Meng Huo