Anyone else not been able to finish "Gathering flames"?

#1GundamFanTPosted 2/10/2012 3:32:37 PM
I keep bringing Murdoc a bunch of Scarwood bark, tindertwig and blazing salves but the quest will keep randomly checking and unchecking the objectives. Is it glitched or can someone elaborate on what i'm doing wrong?
---
Proud Papa of two gamers-in-the-making
PSN ID/gamertag:GundamFanT
#2FiachPosted 2/10/2012 3:38:58 PM
GundamFanT posted...
I keep bringing Murdoc a bunch of Scarwood bark, tindertwig and blazing salves but the quest will keep randomly checking and unchecking the objectives. Is it glitched or can someone elaborate on what i'm doing wrong?

Yeah, I thought it was just me having a brain fart, but I have the same problem. Maybe its repeatable or something.
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#3Blaze0fGloryPosted 2/10/2012 3:39:02 PM
I didn't finish it either. Said I gave him enough of one. But I gave up and moved on.
#4Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/10/2012 3:43:31 PM
It's repeatable.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#5VictoriaSlywitPosted 2/10/2012 3:44:19 PM
Yeah. I figure a quest like this is repeatable considering its description.
---
PSN: MistressSheena
Currently Playing: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning - Rogue
#6GundamFanT(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2012 3:47:13 PM
I guess that's it then. Wasn't sure because the other few quests i've gotten under the same category have ended after I brought what was asked. Meh, oh well. Thanks for the quick responses everyone. :)
---
Proud Papa of two gamers-in-the-making
PSN ID/gamertag:GundamFanT
#7the5elementPosted 2/10/2012 4:19:13 PM
i have a task from a guy in star camp that wants 3 prison keys, got them and the task remains after turning them in, if i go back the guards dont have keys anymore...so i assume you are forced to kill them but i dont know if the new guards will even carry keys(i havent tried)

also anyone still have burus boots? i cant get rid of them or deposit them in my stash, wasting a space in my inventory Grr
---
I'll tell you what i do like: A killer, a dyed-in-the-wool killer, cold-blooded, clean, methodical and thorough - Zorg
#8FiachPosted 2/10/2012 4:29:36 PM
the5element posted...
i have a task from a guy in star camp that wants 3 prison keys, got them and the task remains after turning them in, if i go back the guards dont have keys anymore...so i assume you are forced to kill them but i dont know if the new guards will even carry keys(i havent tried)

also anyone still have burus boots? i cant get rid of them or deposit them in my stash, wasting a space in my inventory Grr

I have some vendor trash beads (no stats on them) cant get rid of them either.
---
Opinions are like testicles. Kick them hard enough, it doesnt matter how many you got.... -Varric
#9DelusioNzorszorPosted 2/14/2012 12:20:51 AM
Having this problem as well, however I have experimented a bit. If you give him two minor blaze salves, and reagents at the same time it checks off everything in the list, but still doesn't complete the quest.

If you give him a greater blaze salve he gives you double gold, +500 x2 for each greater potion.

Has *anyone* been able to get rid of this quest? I'm having the same issue with the "forge ysa honor brand" quest.
#10drclaeysPosted 2/15/2012 8:28:28 AM
Friends,

I sold my stuff before giving it to him. And now hes still an active quest. I am trying to do this, but He does not show the spots. The quest marker is only on him.

I guess its designed that way. is there a way to CLOSE quests in this game??

Thank you.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.