Bugged Quest? Collections - Tirin's Rest (Possible Spoilers)

#1Darketernal16Posted 2/12/2012 1:13:11 AM
Received the quest to deliver the donation to the box. Dropped it off, quest updated to catch the thief. I stealthed on the stairs and got a drink as it wasn't that close to nighttime yet. Came back, nudged my controller picking it back up and my character moved. Upon doing so, the quest updated saying to confront the thief.

So I walk over to the bar and talk him, and nothing. There's no quest dialogue option whatsoever. Browsed google and the other KoA boards and there's only one post about this quest which isn't quite the same as my issue on the 360 board.

Link for any who are interested:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/991144-kingdoms-of-amalur-reckoning/61928083

I want to know if anyone else has encountered this issue and/or has completed this quest. This is the first bug I've encountered whatsoever and it's kind of frustrating to have it be a quest I can't complete :(
#2SenkoyPosted 2/12/2012 1:47:57 AM
Sucks to hear that. I completed this quest. I just walked up to him and had to option to turn him in or not. I opted to turn it in. I talked to that one girl and completed the quest.
---
My arcade fight stick:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
#3My_FilgaiaPosted 2/12/2012 1:56:42 AM
"So I walk over to the bar and talk him, and nothing"

Can you confront the person at the bar? It seems you have to catch the thief in the act...
---
The sauce is weak with this one. But...if he could be churned, he would make a powerful stir-fry.
#4Blaze0fGloryPosted 2/12/2012 2:40:35 AM
Have you tied killing him?
#5Darketernal16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 3:10:46 AM
Looks like you miss the chance to complete this quest if you don't confront him in the church. Going to try waiting for a bit and seeing if he reappears to steal again, maybe I can (re)catch him. I've tried killing him, it just fails the quest :(

Thank you all for the responses though, at least I know now it's my fault (sort of) and not just a permanently bugged quest.
#6Darketernal16(Topic Creator)Posted 2/12/2012 3:45:56 AM
So I waited 1 in game nights stealthed in the same place. He did not reappear. It does appear that if you do not confront him at the box it bugs the quest and is unable to be completed :(
#7Cell2uPosted 2/16/2012 7:12:53 PM

Im in the same boat. My quest log says "confront Florian" but there is just the usual dialogue and nothing about the quest. I tried pickpocketing him but he carries nothing. Hopefully theyll patch this stuff soon.