Best Effects for a Longbow and Greatsword

#1UnknwnwrriorPosted 2/27/2012 4:36:15 PM
What are the best effects to put on both if I'm going for a 50/50 might/finesse character preferring an offensive approach?
I was debating between piercing, +dmg, +dmg%, steal health, +%crit, +crit dmg, etc.

Any ideas?
#2Billy TrancePosted 2/27/2012 4:48:17 PM
steal health doesn't work with bow. put piercing damage on it.

for sword, use health siphon.
#3Unknwnwrrior(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2012 4:57:40 PM
What about the other 3 options? Secondary and Tertiary component + Gem?
#4kyncaniPosted 2/27/2012 6:33:04 PM
Billy Trance posted...
steal health doesn't work with bow. put piercing damage on it.

Steal health does work with bows. I had a bow with steal health and daggers with steal mana for a while and it worked fine.

Don't know about might/finesse but for pure finesse I prefer bows with high critical chance.
#5Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/27/2012 6:41:11 PM
Piercing is a solid weapon gem to use, otherwise I'd say critical chance and damage stacking is very effective.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."
#6the_requiemPosted 2/27/2012 9:10:58 PM
Don't charged shots ALWAYS crit? So would make crit chance redundant as you should only be using charged shots. I use gem with Poison damage as Finesse has some very good poison bonuses and it helps put DoT on a crowd of enemies with Arrow Rain.
---
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.
#7kyncaniPosted 2/28/2012 10:44:13 AM
the_requiem posted...
Don't charged shots ALWAYS crit?

Well sometime I only deal a few hundreds damage and other times it's a four digit damage so I /assumed/ it is the difference between normal and critical hit since I always charge my shots.

( Talking about the first arrow too so bleeding effect does not apply yet )

??
#8the_requiemPosted 2/28/2012 10:48:05 AM
kyncani posted...
the_requiem posted...
Don't charged shots ALWAYS crit?

Well sometime I only deal a few hundreds damage and other times it's a four digit damage so I /assumed/ it is the difference between normal and critical hit since I always charge my shots.

( Talking about the first arrow too so bleeding effect does not apply yet )

??

Does it happen with Scattershot? I think no. of arrows that always crit varies with level of Scattershot. I mostly use Arrows to put some DoT. Maybe I confused putting DoT with Crit... bows ALWAYS put DoT.
---
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.
#9drclaeysPosted 2/28/2012 11:40:27 AM
Friends,

Charges shots do crit, from what I remember here. But after like 35 or 40 in Fit, I had so many arrows, the monster would be so close, its time to fire the rest rapid fire. Charged is like good for the first 3 or 4. After that, they are to close.

Then I went to my c-rams. and finished them off.

did we talk about cold effects??? I THINK that slows stuff down. so that might be nice on a bow, when they are running at you, to slow them down, for MORE charged shots.

Thats my 2 coppers on Dat.
---
Dr. Darrell of Michigan.
#10Valor_PhoenixPosted 2/28/2012 12:01:17 PM
DoTs are a waste of damage output since they aren't effected by criticals or other mods. +25 Piercing will do far more damage than even 100 cold by end game.

Critical hits typically show up on blood-splatter backgrounds.

If any DoT is worthwhile, it's Bleeding for the physical damage taken debuff. Go Barbed Arrows!

That's also why Shadow Flare is a great early game opener for melee.
---
~ PSN ID: ValorPhoenix ~ Raven [ / . \ ] Hubris ~ Bone Ravens
"There are more defective users than defective systems."