Wait till lvl 40 for house of valor?

#1qwikfixxxPosted 2/28/2012 11:44:19 PM
In order to get the best gear possible should I do the house of valor at level 40? I'm level 31 right now and haven't left for the eastern continent yet, I'd like to wait till 40 to leave for the best gear there but should I wait for house of valor as well? I couldn't find the level range for house of valor..
#2Personaman007Posted 2/29/2012 3:36:29 AM
It wouldn't matter your level. Enemies scale to you in any faction quests. Just blacksmith some armor ifwarrior or robes for mages. You would be near invincible.
But faction armor is almost have always set stats and I believe it don't scale with level.
Hope this help but I could be wrong.
---
Currently playing: FF 13-2, HDN:MK2, DCUO (Shin Akira)
"A wandering ronin never commits to any lord."
#3qwikfixxx(Topic Creator)Posted 2/29/2012 4:20:24 PM
Alright thanks for the info, its getting tedious to try and level anymore anyway since I'm over leveled for this continent. The thing I've noticed is that chests spawn loot relative to your level so I was hoping House of Valor would have a higher level cap and better loot than the rest of the continent, I'm just gonna go do it though I really enjoy gladiator style arenas in games.
#4HyperlordBenderPosted 2/29/2012 4:24:34 PM
House of Sorrows caps out at 40, so if you wanted a perfect game, you would wait till 40.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7236-The-TLDR-guide-to-best-level-to-enter-a-new-zone-dungeon
---
The Internet exists so that man may have a global stage with which to make an ass of himself.
#5SenkoyPosted 2/29/2012 8:17:35 PM
I entered the house of valor and Alabastra today not knowing this info... lame... At least i was close to 40.
---
My arcade fight stick:
http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/2687/sdc10110k.jpg
#6xvynxPosted 2/29/2012 8:41:52 PM
Why lock HoV at level 40 if there is no loot in it, story fights give exp only and board fights give money only, or am i missing something?
#7RPGfreekPosted 2/29/2012 8:57:50 PM
Difficulty and replayability at the max level with a maxed toon with awesome gear. And hopefully the difficulty patch coming soon. Although idk if you can redo anything in HoV. I haven't done it yet.
#8TheAntiZealotPosted 3/1/2012 3:30:06 AM
Can someone summarize this thread for me? I'm beyond confused and I'm level 30 with house of valor available.

I stepped inside to hide from mobs after I fateweaved (for skill ups). Does that level lock it?
---
-TAZ
#9the_requiemPosted 3/1/2012 6:16:14 AM
HyperlordBender posted...
House of Sorrows caps out at 40, so if you wanted a perfect game, you would wait till 40.

http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?7236-The-TLDR-guide-to-best-level-to-enter-a-new-zone-dungeon

T.H.A.N.K. Y.O.U.

I just started a new character and this should come in very handy to keep the challenge up in the game.
---
Playing Borderlands GOTY: Lilith-69-PT2.5, Roland-36-PT2, Mordecai-11, Brick-7.
#10twinkfistPosted 3/1/2012 8:59:04 AM
the board list gives you three weapons from what i know...a mace...a staff and a greatsword.

i think the greatsword will max out at level 21...i maxed it out at level 14 previously...but went back to an old save file and i'm replaying the game and not going into a bunch of dungeons till level 40. i still have a ton of quests in detyre and other places...and can probably get to level 35 before even hitting klurikon...so then i can be at level 40 for those quests.

i've noticed a difference though...i have the greaves of the martyr on my warrior at level 31 and then at level 32...the ones at level 31 were for might 26...at level 32...might level 37...so there is a difference in scaling.

also, the greatsword from HOV...is a pretty sick sword. the max damage isn't too high..but it has piercing damage...and then 15% to piercing damage and then 15% damage on it...it's a pretty sick sword and it looks fantastic as well.

heck, i still use the sword that i pulled from the stone at level 40 because it looks fantastic.