Ultimate weapons ? Build advice too please.

#1jelly_belly_Posted 3/10/2012 8:32:50 AM
http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/eternal_abyss/10-03-12-16-20001.jpg

I literally got that a few minutes ago and it got me thinking, are there items in this game that one would term 'ultimate weapons' ? I just mean from drops not blacksmithing.

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/n635/eternal_abyss/10-03-12-16-20.jpg

That is my build so far, nothing special. I have what's important to me built up, detect, blacksmith and sagecraft but when i level more i am lost as to what else to invest the points in and just put them randomly about, is there anything else worthwhile focusing on ?

Thanks !
#2dkzerovPosted 3/10/2012 10:43:03 AM
Pyromancer the best looking staff i got so far (finished the game).
Has the 2nd best attack score but din lose by much.
Doesnt have the most useful bonus tho.

But yea, best staff in-game

Sin would be the best bow
and probably most people would say Kellerac would be the best greatsword, tho i think gentleman's favor is pretty awesome even if it looks kinda stupid.

Other weapons arent very exceptional but..

Best dagger i have is Eye of Tirnoch. But i prefer crafted ones

Nearth's Hammer is kinda awesome

Demon horn is the best faeblade i got
and
Katalepis is the best charkam, made useless by random green/blue drops

I dont ever use scepters so i never really noticed..
and i stopped using longswords near endgame since the ones i got suck

Too lazy to upload screenies, sorry.

As for build, that looks pretty good
---
eek! clowns!!!!Arggh!Those sharp bloody teeth!!!
#3jelly_belly_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2012 11:27:08 AM
Thanks dkzerov.

Ok so stuff you can make yourself will still outshine even the best 'ultimate' weapons you find from drops so my next logical question would be what should i aim for in making a truly kick arse staff ?

If it helps i am around level 30 and have access to all areas apart from what i presume to be the 'final' area on the map.

Even though i have the means to do this because of my build set up i'll admit i haven't done much crafting, i made a bow earlier that does around 154 base attack with added bonuses of course but as of yet can't seem to make a decent staff, most i can do is around 109 base attack i think...
#4Pc4uNmEPosted 3/10/2012 2:10:44 PM
There are better bow's then Sin and same with Staff's, Pyromancer isnt the best one. So far i havnt found anything better than what im able to craft though sadly..i think it should be the other way around.
#5dkzerovPosted 3/10/2012 8:04:27 PM
I voted sin as the best because of its bonus, not just attack rating.
Pyromancer, i nominated because of its look =P

But I cant say i found every unique in the game
*shrug*

at Level 30 you should be getting some ebony staff.. salvage it for core component.

This will help you get some flawless parts.
http://forums.reckoning.amalur.com/showthread.php?5458-Master-Crafting-With-Gems-and-Salvaging-to-Yield-Flawless-Components!

I would aim for +% elemental/magic damage parts to boost spell damage, or mana regen if you find yourself running out of mana after each fight
---
eek! clowns!!!!Arggh!Those sharp bloody teeth!!!
#6gwaposidemzPosted 3/11/2012 4:48:18 AM
Best Unique bow is the Helius Aim, Best greatsword is the Kellerac's Sword if not for its Gem slot which Rhyderk also has. Belne's (Sword) of Ire unbind the Farraglen Gem and put an Elemental Gem (preferably the 30 Ice Damage Gem) and 2 7% Crit gems or +20% day/night gems. Best Fae Blades are either the Demon's Horn, the Dove Wings, Lion Claws, Cydan Fae Blades. Best Staff is the Ashen Prophet for its Ice Element AND its -10% Mana Cost with Lyria's Blessing my spells cost 0 mana to use and without it Quake costs 5 mana per pop. As universalist its important for me to have it because I sustain abilities and use actives at the same time.
---
Veronica!! Veronica!! Yan ang gusto ko sa babae yung lumalaban!!!!!
-Romy Diaz R.I.P. Best Bad Boy in the Philippine Movie Industry
#7jelly_belly_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/11/2012 5:56:31 AM
Ok thanks guys. I have yet to come across some Ebony parts except an Ebony Bow i found somewhere...

I have managed to make a pretty decent Staff though -

Thor Bolt Staff (name is bad i know ha,ha)
105 lightning damage
64 shocking damage over 8 seconds
+1.5 mana regen per sec
+ 12% critical hit damage with magic
+ 2 health regen per sec
+ 7% damage.

Are there any good areas to farm either equipment or parts used to make better weapons ?
#8Sephiroth C RyuPosted 3/11/2012 6:15:39 PM
I wouldn't worry about your skill tree in the manner you are yet. You clearly aren't far enough/high enough level to make an ultimate weapon yet since those won't be happening for a while (and you can generally find what you need for the time being as you go).

When you get a fateweaver to undo your leveling, you can re-distribute as you need, so don't worry about permenance. I would actually recommend having decent persuasion, detect hidden, and dispelling.

Detect hidden gets you hidden stuff to sometimes find good weapons in (or at least more stuff to break down for later/to sell to buy stuff).

Persuasion gives more options in conversations that can net you nice items in quests.

Dispelling makes it easier to get through warded things with auto-open. It also has a surprisingly large number of showings in conversations (typically where you dispel a curse someone is under).

Some other stuff into other talents too.
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#9Sephiroth C RyuPosted 3/11/2012 6:17:18 PM
If you are going for a temporary "just-for-making-a-weapon" build, also put 4 points into each tree so you can use the wayfarer Fate (+1 to ALL your skills).
---
I am the Hunter of Topics. My post never fails to kill its prey.
*pounces* Nyaa!
#10jelly_belly_(Topic Creator)Posted 3/12/2012 2:32:08 AM
Sephiroth C Ryu posted...
I wouldn't worry about your skill tree in the manner you are yet. You clearly aren't far enough/high enough level to make an ultimate weapon yet since those won't be happening for a while (and you can generally find what you need for the time being as you go).

When you get a fateweaver to undo your leveling, you can re-distribute as you need, so don't worry about permenance. I would actually recommend having decent persuasion, detect hidden, and dispelling.

Detect hidden gets you hidden stuff to sometimes find good weapons in (or at least more stuff to break down for later/to sell to buy stuff).

Persuasion gives more options in conversations that can net you nice items in quests.

Dispelling makes it easier to get through warded things with auto-open. It also has a surprisingly large number of showings in conversations (typically where you dispel a curse someone is under).

Some other stuff into other talents too.

Thanks, that's good advice, i was thinking about doing a respec at some point, there has been to many persuasion fails too, hmmm, ok how about this -

Detect hidden full, Dispel full (my race choice has a bonus already), Persuasion full ?, and anything else i want, maybe Blacksmith ? Sagecraft is fun but i could just make a load of gems with what i have then just use them until i maybe level up more ??

I am around level 31 / 32 now, the cap is 40 is it not ?