How does weapon strength work?

#1gamer65926592Posted 3/17/2012 12:23:29 PM
I am a warrior build right now so I only use melee weapons but if I find a magical weapon/ranged rogue-type weapon that doesn't require any sorcery or finesse and it's stronger than my current melee weapon should I use it or is there some kind of hidden melee weapon strength bonus in being a warrior that a weaker melee weapon would be ultimately better for a warrior than a stronger magic weapon? Thanks.
---
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.
#2ArmPillowPosted 3/17/2012 7:50:32 PM
invest on weapon mastery skills.
---
Playing Now: Kingdoms of Amalur.
Waiting For: Armored Core V
#3gamer65926592(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2012 9:09:18 PM
That doesn't answer my question..
---
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.
#4MoblobPosted 3/17/2012 10:20:20 PM
All the weapons have speciality points to buy ( 6 max ) but they are in different trees. chakrams are great damage fast and have some range and dont require mana/power to attack but for them to be effective you need points in the sorcery tree to get to lvl 2 sorcery to put points in chakrams...does that help? stafs also attack with no power/mana
#5gamer65926592(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2012 10:34:59 PM
I see. So in other words, seeing as how I have already maxed out Longswords, Greatswords and Hammers in the Might section, a slightly weaker greatsword would be ultimately better for me than a stronger stave/chakram since I haven't leveled either of those categories at all? What if I max out chakrams, staves, etc and don't level anything else up in sorcery or finesse? Is there anything else that will influence or will the stronger weapon always be the stronger?

For example, if I have all 6 level up points in Greatswords, Longswords, Hammers, Chakrams, Staves, Sceptres, Daggers, Longbows, and Faeblades, yet all (or most) of my points and everything are in Might, will Chakrams that deal 150 damage be stronger than a greatsword that deals 125 damage (not including speed.)?
---
"When I meet with world leaders, what's striking -- whether it's in Europe or here in Asia..." -Obama mistakenly referring to Hawaii as Asia.